Monday, October 11, 2010

Life is Good


My pal, Tara, at Junk Restore sent me this little award today, and I thought - what the heck, I'll do it.

I'm answering these ten questions, and sending it to 6 other bloggers that I visit everyday.

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I don't mind people knowing my name, and I gave up Liberty the Labradoodle's identity right off the bat. For a while I didn't want to reveal Romeo's name, but you all probably know by now his name is Kevin. I think I'll stick with The Little Women for the girls, though.

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

Kevin would probably be more than happy to answer this. I'd say I'm more driven than stubborn, because stubborn sounds like a negative quality. Once I stripped and repainted a table three times because it wasn't "right." I think that qualifies me as stubborn...or driven...or nuts? I'm quite sure I heard Kevin googling 'straight jacket.' In all honesty, it's hard for me to say "I'm sorry," but I'm getting pretty good at putting my pride aside and admitting when I'm wrong. I also tend to back way off if I get my feelings hurt. Working on that, too.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

From the neck down, I see a fairly fit gal...for a mother of three. From the neck up, I see middle age setting in. It shocks me to look in the mirror these days, because I don't feel middle-aged. I'm trying to embrace the lines of time, but I admit I struggle with it.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Winter, summer, fall or spring, it would be diet coke. It's a bit of a problem.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Truly, my passion is painting furniture and making our house a home. I don't need a t.v., expensive clothes, mani's and pedi's, or massages (unless Romeo is offering). When I don't have a project going, something feels missing. This week my sprayer is on the fritz, and while I wait for the brown truck to pull up and deliver said part, I'm wandering around looking for something to strip or paint with a brush.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I would love to be an Anesthesiologist, but that would have to happen after the kids are happily situated in their adult lives. But even then, I will want to be a full-time Grammie, so it wouldn't be worth the time away from my family.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?

I was a mix of all four. I used to be quite shy because I was teased and bullied in elementary school. I couldn't look people in the eye. In 8th grade, boys started paying attention to me and I developed some confidence. Shallow, I know. But, I would say that I was usually on the contemplative side, and it was misinterpreted. I didn't study much in high school and still got A's and B's. The teachers usually saw the back of my head because I was more interested in talking to the person sitting behind me. They were the ones who informed me that they didn't know I was so disarming (as opposed to stuck-up, obviously). I ditched a class or two senior year just to know what it was like, but it didn't do much for me.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

Having my Little Women. I could cry thinking of that moment when I first met them. The images of their faces looking at me for the first time is burned into my memory. I can guarantee those images will be the last thing I think of before I sign off on this, here life. I still look at them and can see their birthday faces with squinty eyes. They are my world, and they give me purpose. I've nurtured three little souls with whom I'll spend eternity someday.



As I was writing, I looked directly behind me and saw that my 6 year old, who struggles to write and spell, wrote this on her chalkboard easel. It's been here all day and I didn't notice it. I love God's timing and sense of humor.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I tend to write about whatever I've got going on here, and what you see is what you get. Whatever voice comes through the computer is the girl you'd be having lunch with, or the one distracting you with humor as I put your I.V. in. Whether I'm blogging, with friends or at work, my feet are firmly on the ground, and I don't judge. Unless I'm PMS'ing...then all bets are off. I'm sorry, what was the question?

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Not a phone person. LOVE to text and email. Not much of a reader, unless it's a book on refinishing. (Seriously.)

So, I am passing on this "Life is Good" award to the following people, should they want to participate. These are the girls I call upon anytime, and they are always generous with advice.

Cassie @ Primitive and Proper
Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely
Katie @ Impatiently Praying for Patience
Melanie @ The Frosted Gardner
Kasey @ A Life of Blue

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Love this post Christa - I spit out my (you guessed it) diet coke when I read question #4. I have that same problem - and yes its a problem! I wonder if they have a 12 step program for people like us!!! lol

Have a great day!

Patrice

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

aw, thanks christa! i appreciate you passing it on to me! i am playing catchup at the moment from being away, but i will definitely post later this week. thanks!

Artfulife said...

Always fun to read about fellow bloggers. Sounds like you love being a mom. Isn't it the best?

Post a Comment