There has been some confusion in our home regarding where dirty clothes belong.
We centralized our laundry into one unit, thanks to my sweetie.
Rather than having hampers in every room - or dirty clothes on the floor - we switched to the
"bombs away" system, which looks like this:
"bombs away" system, which looks like this:
Then, everything gets sorted into the baskets.
Unfortunately The Little Women had trouble remembering which basket was for what.
My inspiration was a $40 Target basket with a chalkboard plaque to label what goes where.
However, I bought my baskets on clearance, and saved $70+ total by doing the plaques myself.
However, I bought my baskets on clearance, and saved $70+ total by doing the plaques myself.
I found these round wooden plaques at Michaels for $0.59 each.
Sprayed them with chalkboard paint.
Hot glued velcro to the back and to the basket and labeled them...
In a busy house with 3 kids, a husband and a dog, organization keeps me centered.
The girls like 'em and are motivated to keep their colors where they need to be.
Hallelujah for small miracles.
Linking to:



















20 comments:
We also have a bombs away approach to laundry :). Love the labels! Isn't it nice to see children become more independent... the help is fabulous too! Thanks for sharing your dirty laundry (tee hee ;)Your laundry room looks so functional and beautiful.
Great idea, looks cute too!We got rid of individual room hampers some time ago,so much better!
after the "drop", do the clothes actually make it to the baskets? I'd imagine finding a "bomb" once and awhile on the floor ;-)
I love this laundry storage area! It is so perfect and looks fabulous. And having the wooden tags is perfect!
Love the "bombs away" approach!!
Hugs
SueAnn
Those are so cute & I love that you did them yourself. I have some that I made by cutting a finished board into rectangles ~ I like yours much better, with those cute lines! Oh, and my children *never* have trouble with the laundry... HA! Sometimes I think part of their job as children is to have trouble with the laundry :) Your bombs away approach is great!
I'm so going to do this! I know the baskets, at Target, that you're talking about. THey are very neat but a bit pricey. I love how you did this yourself. Very creative!3 girls... how fun! My kids miss throwing clothes down the stairs. We bought an old house with a laundry shoot. A few stuffed animals have made their appearance when I open the shoot...lol! Thanks for the inspiration to try this! ~ Michelle
The "bombs away" pic made me laugh out loud... so funny! I also loved seeing Liberty lounged out on the stairs with her nose between the iron spindles. Labeling the baskets was a great idea and looks really nice.
Lori
P.S. Love your hallway mirror!
LOVE THESE! Great idea!
What a darling post. It is also a wonderful idea. I use to do the same when the kids were smaller. I had 3 UGLY baskets with permanent marker identifying what goes where. The amazing thing was how much faster the laundry was processed. It really is smart and yours looks so GOOD! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Boardwalk Bragfest. I hope you come back next Tuesday too (extended through Wednesday this week because of trouble with InLinkz.)
They look great. I love the labels. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday link party until Saturday and would love for you to join the party. Hope to see you there.
I thought the middle one said "Dorks" at first....silly me....smiles.
Such a cute idea!
XO
Lenore
I love the look of these, but my family has serious issues with clothes dwelling on the floor, over chairs, on the bed posts, etc. Any tips on how to be sure the clothes actually make it into the pretty baskets?
What a great idea! We could use these around my house.
Your blog is so beautiful. I'm following now and will be back!
We don't have a bombs a way, we just have a laundry bomb! All the time. I'm liking this idea! Can I "steal it"?
Looks great! I love how you attached the labels with velcro.
Sharp! This little idea totally looks magazine worthy. So simple yet VERY effective and productive!
Donna
I'm so lovin these thrifty idea...sooooo stinkin cute!!! Come by and share it at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see ya there:)
Blessings,
Linda
so stylish! and i love the "bombs away" plan!
Christa, This looks like it is right out of the catalog! Fantastic idea and fabulous job! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! I featured this on the first round of showcases - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn
Post a Comment