Yesterday there was a big community garage sale. I love it when that day rolls around.
Some good friends joined me and I scored some great deals.
Like a very good treadmill for $25, a huge tent (we all camp together every summer)
and a couple of furniture pieces that I'm hoping to finish today.
Some good friends joined me and I scored some great deals.
Like a very good treadmill for $25, a huge tent (we all camp together every summer)
and a couple of furniture pieces that I'm hoping to finish today.
But the one thing I knew I needed to buy, yet I don't know what to do with is this jute coffee sack.
It is 40" x 28"
I figured that for two bucks, I could decide later.
The thing is, it has that distinctive jute smell.
If you've read my blog long enough, you know I have some olfactory issues.
If you've read my blog long enough, you know I have some olfactory issues.
So a pillow or a cool back to a chair is out, unless it can be washed?
Ideas?















10 comments:
It would look really cool framed!
I really like your idea of a chair back, I think it would look great!
Mimi
I don't think I'd wash it. Febreeze might work. If the smell won't go away you've got yourself some awesome graphic art! I think it would look great framed and hung in a kitchen.
Do NOT wash it. Ask me how I know. :)
What about covering a bulletin board with it? Frame it for picture art? Make a throw pillow out of it? Footstool cover?
Donna
I made some burlap curtains that had that funky smell for awhile. It goes away, but Febreeze or a scent of some kind that you like would help it. I concur on the don't washing it tip.
I love the bulletin board idea, also love the wall hanging idea. Another thing I've seen on Miss Mustard Seed's blog is to cover lamp shades with them- adds a lot of texture & pattern to a lamp shade! What a cool find!
The bulletin board sounds like a good idea. Have you thought about hanging it outside on a nice day? Maybe some fresh air and sunshine will help.
framed as a picture or the memo idea sounds fun
I would really try to remove the smell and mal=ke a pillow, framing it would be great too. Good find!
Ha, ha, ha... I have olfactory issues too. :) If you get the smell out, using it to cover a bench seat or small rectangular ottoman would be cool, maybe with nailhead trim. I also like the idea of using it as framed art.
Post a Comment