(Just a reminder that you still have time to enter the blog design giveaway by Designer Blogs here.)
This is my most favorite dresser transformation to date.
I had the sweetest client ever call and ask if I could take a look
at this antique dresser and quote a custom refinish:
This dresser had me at Hello.
She said she bought it a few years ago, never intending to paint it.
But, her friends would come over and say, "Oh! Are you going to paint it?"
So, she thought, "oh...should I paint it?"
Then she called me to take a look.
"Would you paint it?"
"Yep, and you will LOVE it."
So we went ahead.
I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.
First, there was some business to take care of in the way of a lot of chipping veneer.
That had to be secured and the chipped areas filled before I started.
This is a step that I highly recommend not skipping.
(I do not take shortcuts on my prep work, and it pays off.)
Brenna will have a sound dresser that will last for years & years.
Excuse the driveway shots. It was too heavy to bring inside for it's photo op.
I had to find a color that matched her current white furniture, and chose SW Creamy.
My client let me decide what direction to go with the hardware.
I cleaned the original pulls, then primed and painted them
Rustoleum's Satin Nickel, and sealed them.
Rustoleum's Satin Nickel, and sealed them.
I replaced the two knobs with crystal ones, and I also brought over a pink option.
We chose the pink once it was in the room.
It was perfect!
(I forgot my camera when I delivered it. Bad blogger etiquette, bad.)
(I forgot my camera when I delivered it. Bad blogger etiquette, bad.)
It is the most gratifying feeling to have a client be so thrilled with the outcome.
They LOVED the transformation. If I could do this for free, I would.
The best part was that we made a new friend. Brenna and my Little Women got along so well,
and I'm sure a play date is in their future.
"L," if you are reading this, it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to meet your precious family.
and I'm sure a play date is in their future.
"L," if you are reading this, it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to meet your precious family.
Linking to some favorites:
Until next time, my friends,




















38 comments:
~~~~~SWOON~~~~~It is beautimus! Thanks for sharing it.
You did a beautiful job!! you must be so proud!
Your client must have been thrilled when she saw how you gave this a beautiful new life...incredible!!!
This is stunning. I have not seen a dresser quite like it. The hardware is so perfect for the delicate white. Another beautiful job. I am sure your client is nothing but smiling ear to ear. :)
Just beautiful!
Gorgeous, Gorgeous dresser!! It came out beautifully~ great job! :)
That is really beautiful! What a transformation. The detail really pops in the Creamy white. Love the hardware, too!
I am in love with this piece of furniture! You did an outstanding job! Its just wondeful~
This is a gorgeous makeover! Just beautiful!
BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the transformation!! (=
Absolutely gorgeous!
It turned out beautifully!
Lovely! The details stand out so much more now that you've painted it. Beautiful job.
Just gorgeous! I love the crystal knobs too-very pretty!
what a beautiful dresser! glad you kept the original hardware.
i wasnt done but holding a 4 week old as i type! ok, love what you did to the hardware and love the curves and details. so pretty!
This is my favorite piece of furniture to date. You can tell it's a quality piece and you just made it better! You are so talented.
That is just gorgeous... no wonder this is your favorite dresser transformation. I love your choice of SW creamy white and what you did to the hardware. I also really like the crystal knobs. I bet the pink ones were heavenly!
Wow, that is just stunning. I totally agree with you about not skipping the prep work...certainly not the fun part but it is the most important!
xx Karen
Just a stunning transformation, perfect job, well done!
Love it!!!! What a great looking dresser!!
I am your newest follower! This dresser is stunning you did an amazing job!!!!!
What a stunning makeover...she looks wonderful! I'm lovin how your hardware makeover looks...I'm going to try this color on some too...thanks so much for sharing the color:)
Blessings,
Linda
I love the sparkly knobs! What a beautiful transformation!
Who knew she could look so fabulous. The hardware is just perfect too.
What a great transformation! It's gorgeous!
Stunning. Gorgeous transformation.
Beautiful refinished result! I'm glad I found you today over at Susan's link party. Your tip on painting the hadware with Rustoleum's Satin Nickel will help me with my client project - Refinishing Thrifted Finds....
:D Lynda
Beautiful! Now I'm gonna have to squeeze in some furniture painting this week... you've totally inspired me~!
GORGEOUS!
m ^..^
Simply beautiful, Christa! Your work is perfection! Happy MM!
xoxo laurie
So beautiful furniture!!!
I love the hardware on this one. Gosh the paint looks so smooth and perfect. Amazing transformation!
Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed. This is amazing! I seriously love it. It seems like you and I love similar colors and pieces. I am looking forward to seeing more!
<3,
Adri
www.dreambookdesign.com
It is so very beautiful...I love the lines! Thank you so much for sharing it at Style Feature Saturday! -shaunna :)
Wow. I wanted to visit your blog since you left such a nice comment on mine. I am so impressed! This is a beautiful dresser. Gosh it turned out like a page in a catalog. I love the hardware!
Love this piece!! And you know I would have painted it too. beutiful job! Lets chat about paint spraying sometime, where do you do it? what kind of gun do you have, stuff like that:)
Londen
Love the dresser. I have a question? How do you fix peeling veneer? I have an old desk that needs some help in that dept. Best, Jackie
Post a Comment