Tuesday, January 18, 2011

~ Rustic Farm Hutch ~

Hi there!

The hutch is all finished, and I love how it came out.
For my local friends who have asked, I am setting up a separate website that will just list furniture available, dimensions, etc. Not any rambling of any kind.
More on that to come.

I felt bad painting over something that wasn't even trashed, but you know me. 
I love the look of paint and how it can turn a piece into something more unique.

Do you agree this finish makes a much bigger statement?
I loved the original brass hardware and only cleaned it..

Today I'm finishing up Lizzie's bathroom cabinets.
We finished her kitchen in two days, but we're waiting on the hardware and beadboard for after shots.
The word has apparently gotten out, because I'm going to bid on someone else's kitchen today.

I also started the ebook and have about 9 rough pages done.
Busy, busy, busy...but I like it!

Hope you all are having a great day!

xo,
Christa

Linking to
 Furniture Feature Fridays

31 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks gorgeous! love the wood top on the bottom piece, too!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good...you did an outstanding job on this makeover!

Blessings,
Linda

Chrissie said...

Your hutch is wonderful. I will tell you that when I set up a website for my business it really took off. Whenever I list something on Craigslist I always add a note to check my website for additional items I have for sale. Good luck with yours I think you will find it to be an excellent tool! I am so impressed that you finished a kitchen in two days!

Shannon said...

You did a fabulous job. It's a beautiful piece.
Shannon
www.akadesign.ca

Allison@FabRehab said...

Wow! It really pops! I love the distressing!

lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Huge improvement! I love it!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Christa, It looks beautiful! What a difference.
Hugs,
Sherry

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh it is absolutely awesome. I love everything. The finish is wonderful and such a great piece. You also have it displayed beautifully. Good for you, it really is stunning. Hugs, Marty

Tina @ PlumbPretty said...

You absolutely made the right choice! love the black!

Tina
http://plumbpretty.blogspot.com

-Kasey said...

I always say it and im gonna say it again... It's amazing what some paint can do! Looks awesome! :)

mapleandmagnolia.com said...

Welcome to the 21st century beautiful hutch! Great update. It's fab now.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love it in black. And the wood top is perfect!

Allison said...

It's beautiful! The black is the perfect choice for this hutch.

Stephanie ~ www.LittleInsights.com said...

Your painted version definitely, hands down makes the larger statement and I love the look!!!

Dayna said...

I love this. You did a great job!!

Irene Robertson said...

Wow! that hutch has so much more character.

Jen.Jensen said...

Amazing transformation. Makes me want to go work on something!

Terri said...

Wow...amazing transformation! I cannot wait for your e-book~

SueAnn said...

Oh! It is beautiful! Makes a huge statement...it says look at me...I am mighty fine!!
Love it
Hugs
SueAnn

Reenie said...

Beautiful!

I can't wait for your ebook :)

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Christa,
The hutch looks marvelous! Soooo much better painted, for sure!

Sounds like you have been super busy! Do you still work as a nurse, too?

I like your and Chrissie's idea about a separate website for your pieces ~ I might have to do that, too!

Really looking forward to seeing the kitchen!
Kim :)

Donnie said...

That came out lovely. such a big change.

Heather said...

Wow! It's beautiful. I sold some Ethan Allan Early American furniture on Craigslist a few years ago...now I'm kicking myself!

Traci said...

What a great update for an outdated maple hutch.
Thanks for sharing.
Traci

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

I totally agree! This finish is beautiful. I had a hutch pretty similar. I kept debating and debating on how to paint it. (it's called 'procrastination'!) I finally let it go when we moved. Dang! Black would've been perfect!

Would love for you to drop by and link up to Passion for Paint this weekend.

http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com

Jodz said...

I looks so fantastic now. You have given it the wow factor.

Agatha said...

It's just beautiful great job!!!

Lori @ www.mudpiestudio.blogspot.com said...

Stunning! Love it! I know that was a tough job and it turned out beautifully. Visiting from Funky Junk.

Kate Ottawa said...

I picked up my similar buffet yesterday and love it. Can you post the recipe for this piece as it's my first time trying this. I have stripped lots of pieces over the years but never painted. Now, sitting with my morning coffee going through all your other projects. Amazing work!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

Hi Kate ~ I can't reply to your question unless you change your email settings in your profile.

Rebecca said...

What paint did you use? Did you put a protective coating on top? I am about to paint my kitchen table like this. Maybe not the top, just the bottom portion. Thanks in advance!

Post a Comment