I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
When I started my blog 6 months ago, I just jumped in and trusted that I would eventually figure out where I wanted/needed to focus my attention. And I have - I've realized that what I enjoy most at this very moment is creating pieces for someone else to enjoy.
I also get emails almost everyday asking for finishing advice, and many times there is only so much I can help with in one email. So a few months ago I started jotting things down for a comprehensive ebook, and now it's time for me to sit down and put it all together - everything from saving money by refinishing your own furniture to making money selling custom pieces. It will include everything I have learned (most times the hard way) and all the nitty gritty picky details that will help you complete a project successfully and without pulling your hair out!
I'm putting it out there so I am motivated to get it all finished.
I'm also flirting with the idea of offering classes for those in the greater Phoenix area since I've had requests, but I need to figure out how that would work. More on that later.
I'm putting it out there so I am motivated to get it all finished.
I'm also flirting with the idea of offering classes for those in the greater Phoenix area since I've had requests, but I need to figure out how that would work. More on that later.
I started Project Diaries not knowing if there would be an interest, but there are SO many linkies out there I've realized that I'm just too small time to make it worth my time right now.
I hope to host them again in the future, though.
I hope to host them again in the future, though.
So, for now, I will be enjoying everyone's fabulous projects on other peoples' linkies.
I am very grateful for all of you who have linked up in the past,
and I'll let you know when I think the time is right to start back up again.
I'm NOT going anywhere. I will still be posting before and afters,
and of course the occasional tangent, on a regular basis.
and I'll let you know when I think the time is right to start back up again.
I'm NOT going anywhere. I will still be posting before and afters,
and of course the occasional tangent, on a regular basis.














14 comments:
Just glad you aren't going anywhere! Can't wait to see what you have in the future.
bummer! i loved your parties because i prefer the ones that have less than 50 links- i get too overwhelmed at the others! yours and mine are smaller and i can make it through all the links! i wish you best of luck on your ebook!
Good luck with the ebook. :) It's always good to sit down and reconsider what's best every so often, even if it means some tough decisions. I love the before and afters, so I'm happy they're not going anywhere! :)
Thanks so much for the time you have invested with Project Diaries. I admire that you are taking the time to know what you really want and where you want to focus your energy. Good luck with the ebook. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!
Christa, I would drive from Salt Lake City to Phoenix to take a class/workshop from you. If you ever reconsider, let us know. Keep posting, your creations inspire me greatly.
Ooooh , I so look forward to your ebook! I really wish I live closer to you. Although my brother in law lives in Gilbert...or does he live in Chandler. I can't remember, maybe I should make a time to come and visit him so I can come to a class.
Well, I am looking forward to your e-book... I will be one of the first in line. You are so talented and have such a vast knowledge base in regard to furniture re-finishing, especially in the all important areas of product selection and technique. Sorry to hear no Project Diaries link parties in the near future. I really enjoyed PD because there were always quality links... you attracted the best.
good luck on the ebook! i'd definitely invest in that! you're projects always inspire me! i live in Surprise and i'd be more than willing to come to a class as i'm a beginner to furniture refinishing and would love some new tips and a hands on training! keep us posted!
Can't wait for the ebook! I would definitely be interested in taking a local class, whooo hoooo!
Good for you, Christa! Exciting stuff! Good luck pulling it all together.
HI Christa! I'd buy your eBook (would do a class, but we're in Chicago :(
And I'm one of the people that emailed you with questions, which I greatly appreciated your suggestions btw!!
Sounds like you're definitely blogging in a way that suits your lifestyle. To me -- that's what blogging is all about. You're very talented, Christa, and I'm glad you're putting together an e-book with your techniques. I know it will be very successful.
I am glad you are "not going anywhere". I love your before and after posts. I will be thrilled to read your e-book.
Traci
Christa,
Put me first on your customer list for the ebook! :) I don't blame you at all for regrouping a bit~ I'm not sure how you do all that you do as it is!
You are a very lovely girl with a great big heart! :)
Kim
Post a Comment