Sunday, January 23, 2011

On the Agenda this Week...or Two.

1) Finish a "new" queen bed for one of The Little Women...

(Dear CL'ster: I so appreciate that you wanted this piece to be free of dirt. You go above and beyond most. But why, oh why, did you use oily Liquid Gold? Whyyyyy?) 

2) Update Pauline's kitchen cabinets to a warm white to tie in her new granite and upcoming hardwood floors. Here are the before shots:
 
If I had one wish, it would be for stainless or even black appliances, but we will make it work.

3) Dream about what I will do with this....


4) And this....
That should keep me busy for a while!

xoxo,
Christa 

p.s. I enjoy answering your questions and comments, but most of you have "no reply" settings. In order for me to reply to a question, you will need to change that setting, which is easy.

Go to Blogger dashboard.
Click "Edit Profile."
Check "show my e-mail" under the privacy settings.


Now, I can answer you  :)

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love those dressers! I know you will turn them into something glorious!

Lauren said...

You always find the most unique pieces! Do you get most of your finds from CL?

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Oh wow, those new pieces are fantastic. Did you find them on CL too? Such detail to them.

SueAnn said...

The kitchen cupboards are looking great! And those cabinets are amazing!! Excited to see what you do with them!!
Hugs
SueAnn

-Kasey said...

Fantastic dressers! The detailing in the woodwork is just amazing!

Jen.Jensen said...

You have such luck finding awesome dressers!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i am going to sit at my computer, not drinking, not eating, not sleeping, just waiting for the reveal of those gorgeous dressers.

Irene said...

You've got a lot of projects coming up. I cannot wait until Spring. There are so many things I need to paint. and since we don't have a garage andI don't feel like doing anything in our snow covered driveway, they will have to wait.

EMILY said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE those dressers! I am super jealous. The first one especially is to die for! I am wondering what you paid for them. I CAN'T wait to see what you do with them!

Lauren said...

Ok...I fixed my profile settings :) Now, I'm dying to know where you get your pieces! Also, how do you decide how much to pay for certain pieces? I'm working on a desk right now and I'm hoping to re-sell it for profit. This is my first time trying to make a profit off of a piece so I'm a little lost as to how much to ask, how much $ I should put into it, etc

Mary said...

New to your site. Am in awe of your energy and even more so of your talent! You have given me courage to try some of your ideas on a few pieces hidden in the attic in hopes my husband wouldn't notice . . . Can you share which paint sprayer system you use? I've not noted that yet in reading my way through your blog. Any advice on that and tips on using would be great. Thinking I'll start on all the doors in the house to gain confidence!! Thank you for sharing your hard learned lessons. Loved the bit about the tarp blowing up on the painted dresser - could so relate to that.

Allison said...

You are busy! I look forward to your reveals. You've got great pieces to work on. I enjoyed the photo of your daughters lending you a hand. Have a great week, Christa.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

So jealous of your great finds! Your "Little Women" are so cute~ already have them sanding, do ya? :)

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Sister, you are going to be busy! Looking forward to seeing the finished pieces and projects.

marciagd said...

I cannot believe that table was free! If it had been on Tulsa CL it would have been $400! Most stuff is overpriced 80's TV stands & "entertainment centers" & nasty saggy couches. Can't even find old real wood furniture with character. You are fortunate.

Post a Comment