I love this girl.
We met 4 years ago, and have 2 daughters the same age.
She just bought a house a mile away from me, and I'm helping her paint some cabinetry.
Here are some before shots:
Kitchen
Kids' Bath
Powder Bath
Yesterday we primed the kitchen cabinets with the only primer I use for cabinetry, XIM.
It's a little fussy in the sprayer, and comes out all weird, but it always levels nicely after my anxiety attack is over.
So far these cabinets have received 3 coats of paint.
I don't want any brown oak grain popping through,
so 2 more coats will be needed today before the topcoat goes on.
(Say hi to Liberty, her cuteness kept us company all day.)
I'll be back soon with the reveal!
xoxo,
Christa















12 comments:
How exciting. Can't wait to see the final result! :)
I can wait to see it. Thanks for the primer tip.
Traci
Oh wow, what a friend to help with all that painting. I can't wait to see it all done. Hugs, Marty
I can't wait to see the rest of this! This is on my to do list. Was that 3 coats of primer or paint? How long are you letting one side dry before you flip them over. I fear them sticking to the plastic!
Can't wait to see the finished project!
Wow, that looks like alot of work! What a sweet friend you are... of course I already knew that! :)
I look forward to seeing the reveal! I adore the little puppy sitting there so patiently observing.
Oh I can't wait to see! I heart remodeling!!
Hugs
SueAnn
Oooh...can't wait to see the finished project!!
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/
I agree, XIM is a superb choice of primer. Isn't it great to be able to spray the cab doors and drawers at your home (or maybe you didn't)? Liberty looks pretty comfy overseeing on her doggie bed. :) Can't wait to see the reveal.
Ooooh, I'm excited to see what hte finished product looks like. I am betting they will be white or black. I also love how the kitchen already comes with a chalkboard.
Do you sand down the doors a little before you prime? I have been wanting to paint our laminate doors, for a mini facelift, and all the sites say to lightly sand with 120-150 sandpaper. I wasn't sure if you were told this as well, since you spent some time researching the best way to tackle this this type of project. :)
Thanks.
Lindz
Post a Comment