Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kassie's Room :: Part One

It is amazing how fast these girls have outgrown their little girl rooms. 
Sigh.

Kassie's bunk bed just got moved in to her little sister's room, and eventually her dresser and bookshelf will too, so we are outfitting her room to accommodate a queen bed, since her new Aunt Aimee gave her the mattress she doesn't need anymore. Now all of the Little Women can accommodate a sleep over.

Here (again) is the before:

 

And now:

I was so bummed that the  CL seller smeared liquid gold all over it, because I wasn't planning on priming it - I was going to do a chemical rub-through (which you can't do when you prime), so I had to sand through the edges instead. Not my fave finish, but it still turned out okay.

The set also came with two tall nightstands that I will hopefully finish soon, and a t.v. armoire that I'll probably paint in a fun barn red and sell. We're on the lookout for a pine dresser that will coordinate with what's going on in here.

I absolutely love the happy chartreuse green we painted her walls in, and the faux wainscoting we added, along with crown moulding (oops, no photo).  Obviously the bedding needs to be addressed and those pillows are waaaay too small.

Kassie's a very happy camper and can't wait to sleep in her new bed tonight.

(That's not a bad paint job on the right corner of the footboard - just a light reflection  :)

Linking to:

16 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it's gorgeous!!! i definitely pictured it sweet girly white in my head, so the black was a shock and i love it!

Jenny said...

It's beautiful!! I literally had a bit of a gasp when I saw it, it's so striking. Looks like something straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Nice work!!

Pine Tree Home said...

Wow, I really like the black. Now I am torn if I should do white or black on my bedroom furniture. Did you use a roller or brush on most of it? Or a little of both?

Anna @ Take the Side Street said...

It's beautiful! Great job, and I have always loved a good sleigh bed. The wall color is great too, but I'm always a fan of green! :)

European Paint Finishes said...

Very nice finish Christa. Excited to see how the rest of the room looks. Beautiful walls which I can only assume you did yourself :) That's one lucky little lady!

Allison said...

It's beautiful, Christa and I love it in black! I bet Kassie is excited to sleep in her new bed tonight. The wall color is fun. Great color!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

That bed is just awesome! Chartreuse green is my favorite color(it's my kitchen color), and it looks amazing with black! Kassie is a lucky little lady!

SueAnn said...

Love the bed! And the room's paint color is awesome.
Hugs
SueAnn

Irene Robertson said...

That looks great!!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

i love it, amazing what a little paint can do :)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love the wall color; it's so cheerful. The bed looks really good, too. Much better than the knotty pine. It's something that will really grow with her, too.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Her new bed looks great, Christa. I agree that it will grow with her. The walls are a fun colour for sure.

-Kasey said...

I am a sucker for sleigh beds. It looks beautiful! :)

Tracy said...

Great bed! Looks really good with the wall color too. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

It's lovely! Definitely a 'big girl' bed. Love seeing the girls scrubbing it down too!

Would love for you to link up to Passion for Paint this weekend.

http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com

Simply Domestic said...

That is beautiful! You did a wonderful job! One of my daughter's room is painted a very similar green color and she just asked me to paint her furniture black!

Post a Comment