Thursday, December 2, 2010

M.I.A.

It probably seems I've fallen off the face of the earth because I haven't been posting much. Life has me pretty tweaked, so my usual speed of getting things done has slowed to a crawl. I hope to be back in the saddle again soon, but between thinking about contesting my traffic ticket on the 7th, helping a dear friend in her time of need, white dust flying into my topcoat and henceforth respraying 2 pieces of furniture 4 times, working on 5 furniture pieces that go on and on like the movie Groundhog Day, insomnia striking, needing another hemochromatosis treatment because I can tell my iron is too high again, cleaning up after Thanksgiving, getting Christmas out, the house being a mess, the garage being a mess, and the back patio being a mess - well - I am overwhelmed. Which means I become paralyzed to do anything. That's how I roll. Does that happen to you?
At least Christmas is out, so I thought I'd take you on a mini-tour of Christmas over here,
and our traditions.

Our Elf on the Shelf. The girls named him Buddy. 
I catch them talking to him.

 I love my black door because wreaths stand out now.

 Not quite Griswold material, but we have the brightest house on the block.

 My parents' Dickens village that I grew up with.

New Hallmark ornaments each of us choose every year.

This is my very first Hallmark ornament, a tradition my Mom started when I was 4.
Now you know how old I am.
I took them all with me when I married Kevin, which The Little Women will also do (sniff).

And, of course, misteltoe. 
Because I like to kiss.
Sorry, TMI.

And, here is the Groundhog Day furniture~
This table from Goodwill.

This dresser/sideboard from Goodwill.

And this commissioned table that I am slowly but surely stripping for a client.

This is my life right now, and I feel a little better letting that out.
Hopefully, I'll share some afters while it's still 2010!

17 comments:

The Frosted Gardner said...

Your home is so beautiful! Inside and out. and no you are not the only one overwhelmed if that makes you feel better - which I hope it does :) Sorry about all of your troubles in your spray booth. blah! :) I hope it gets better.

very merry vintage style said...

Cute elf--love that vintage is back in style! You have a beautiful home and I have furniture envy for all those finds! Stop by and link up to my vintage holiday decor party at verymerryvintagestyle.blogspot.com

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

your wreath is beautiful! and i can't wait to see the outcome of those pieces of furniture!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

I like the black door, too. Nice that you can see the tree from the outside.

Jenny@Evolution of Style said...

Yours is the second blog where I've seen that wreath! Beautiful (especially since I have two of them on my front doors). ;-) A lovely holiday home!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love your little elf. I have one that is from my childhood that I love. You don't see a lot of elves anymore. Your tree looks gorgeous in the window. I try to always put mine by the window. But now i have this huge sago palm blocking my tree spot!

-Kasey said...

Beautiful. Your home, your decorations... everything! :)

Frugal Jen said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets stressed. Your ahead of us... we still have no Christmas tree up.

Your decor is beautiful! When I saw the outside of your house it reminded me of my vacations to visit family in the Mesa, AZ area. Oh how I loved the winter warm!

SueAnn said...

If I think or write down all the things I have to do, I get overwhelmed too! I also get paralyzed!! So I don't write things down...if just is too much for me!! Ha! So I know and feel your pain.
Your decorations are beautiful...and your house is gorgeous!!
You have accomplished quite a bit already!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Kacey said...

Sounds very overwhelming. I hope things calm down and pick up for you! Your house looks beautiful!

Allison said...

I love Buddy and what a perfect spot you have him perching! Your house is beautiful! Holidays can be hectic and stressful. It sounds like you have a full plate right now. Hang in there and take it one day at a time!

MommaHen said...

aww! thanks! I'll never stop following you eather. You have lots of GREAT inpirational posts!

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

If it makes you feel any better, "overwhelmed" is usually my middle name during the holiday season. Sometimes taking a deep breath helps... so does a glass of wine. :) Thanks for introducing me to Elf on the shelf. I got one for my sister's kids. Her five year old LOVES him. By the way, you have a beautiful home... I am a huge fan of your black door! Can't wait to see how the pieces you are working turn out.

Natasha in Oz said...

I think many of us are feeling pressured at this time of year. I plan on taking a bloggy break soon myself.

Your home is just stunning. I love the gorgeous decorations and your special Dickens village is wonderful. Enjoy it all!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

alittlefrenchloven said...

Hi, I love your black door. And your home is just beautiful. I'm a new follower, and I'm already hooked on your blog. =)

Chrissie said...

Your home looks gorgeous! I think this time of year gets a lot of us overwhelmed. Sometimes you do just have to throw on the brakes and slow down! I have not been getting many projects done either, but I decided I want to enjoy the season with my family.nif I get things done, great. If not I refuse to stress about it! That sounds good anyway right?

Cindy said...

I love the sign that says "The Evernhams / This house believes". I'd love to know where you had that made. The house looks beautiful...now time to catch your breath!

Post a Comment