Hi there. Remember me?
I finally have a project to reveal.
In my last post, I spoke of two pieces that I had sprayed 7 times. Well change that to 9.
There seems to be a white dust epidemic in my work area which is problematic when spraying black.
I eventually found a decent solution, and finally have something to show for my effort.
In my last post, I spoke of two pieces that I had sprayed 7 times. Well change that to 9.
There seems to be a white dust epidemic in my work area which is problematic when spraying black.
I eventually found a decent solution, and finally have something to show for my effort.
I picked this up at Goodwill for $34.99. (It was actually $39.99, but I teased the furniture guy about the 9 looking like a 4, and he wrote the ticket accordingly.)
Before
After
I actually first sprayed it white.
Then, I thought it was a little masculine for white, and it needed to be black.
I had to be a hero.
It would have been great in white with black cup pulls,
not to mention saving me the agony of spraying it 9 times.
Getting a really deep black paint can be tricky, depending on the brand and who is doing the mixing,
so I asked Sausha from Show and Tell what she uses, which is Valspar in the blackest black.
(I liked it, and would use it again.)
Getting a really deep black paint can be tricky, depending on the brand and who is doing the mixing,
so I asked Sausha from Show and Tell what she uses, which is Valspar in the blackest black.
(I liked it, and would use it again.)
Eventually the black worked out, and here it is after its' makeover.
Did you know you can get satin nickel cup pulls for $1.79 on Ebay?
The seller I used and recommend is The Knob Shop.
They have 100% positive feedback.
(Opinion is 100% mine.)
I usually don't do sleek black finishes, but I think it works for this piece.
It would be a nice sideboard or large dresser with a plasma t.v. over it.
(It's bachelor pad material.)
Hey, when does The Bachelor start up again? I love that show.
Linking to some favorites:

















25 comments:
I love it and can totally see it in a bachelor pad. And I LOVE the Bachelor too. It gets me through the cold winters...pure entertainment value! Pure trash...and I love it!
This is gorgeous! You made the right call on changing it to black. It was worth every one of those 9 coats! :)
It reminds me of a dresser I did a while back that had similar lines. I did it white with black cup pulls and a Dark Walnut stained top. It definitely worked, but I love the black too! A long skinny brushed silver pull vertically on the center cabinet would look nice. Awesome job as always, my friend!
It looks great! All the hard work payed off.
I liked it in white also. I saw one of those at the Good Will Store, but they want $140.00...we'll see if it sells. They sure look good with a new paint job. Thanks for the inspiration. : )
Blessings,
Susan
it looks beautiful! i love the new pulls you put on it- they are perfect. i liked it white, too, but the black is more modern feeling i think. hope you come to my party!
Man! What a pain! It sure looks fantastic, though! Just wondering how your court appearance went today???? :)
I love it! I think the black works really well for this piece. Nice job. ;-)
Wow, I love it in black. Did you use a "real" sprayer or spray paint? I so want a sprayer for Christmas. When I was redoing my kitchen I bought my pulls and knobs on eBay, love eBay!
The black makes it look so sleek...
It looks great in black! I used black Valspar on someone's recommendation and it never seemed to dry. Not even months later. The drawers still stick a bit. I guess I could steel wool it and see if that worked.
Does yours feel really dry???
Love it, great job and I also love the Bachelor! Think January?
Wow Christa. What a dramatic change for the better. Love it!
Take care,
Lisa
Such an amazing piece - black was definatly the way to go!
May I ask what you used for the top coat? I normally use Verathane brand but for black pieces I find that its TOO shiney!
Wow! You did an amazing job! I love the cup pulls with the black finish.
It totally looks fabulous!! I do have to say...I like it white too!! So either way...I love it!!
Hugs
SueAnn
This is beautiful! The hardware really makes it a totally different piece! Great job as usual!
This is stunning! I bet you are happy to get it completed with all of the trouble it has been. Some of these darn projects go on forever! The new hardware gives it a nice polished finish.
It looks gorgeous. You did a great job! :)
Lookin' good! :)
thanks for the shout out!! I'm glad you liked the paint - the black looks good :)
I love that!! I would not have had the guts to go black, because I thought the white looked so good, but the Black looks AWESOME! And I love those pulls.
the color and the design of the piece turned out just right. i bet your happy....
I'm all about black pieces of furniture. I knew I had a problem when my 11yo said "you paint everything black" DOY! =)
This piece is gorge!!
I love this!!! I need a sideboard just like this for my hallway.. or wherever really... I have a table in my entry thats really tiny so i want to replace that too, and a lot of our furniature is black finish (at least in the living room.. and that was the hubbys doing when he bought it, i personally dont like it.. gets dirty and you can see scratches very easily)
I am your newest follower! :)
All I can say is WOW!!!!!
I wish I had a humongous home so I could have 10 of these...I'm getting addicted to sideboard/buffet redo's!
Http://mymobilehomelife.blogspot.com
Post a Comment