I think I grew some nice curvy shoulders with this one.
My client brought this table over. Originally she just wanted the table re-pained white and to finish the other two chairs in blue like in the background.
She had hired someone to do it, but she didn't want to finish it, so I took it over.
She had hired someone to do it, but she didn't want to finish it, so I took it over.
It didn't look bad at first, but when I took a closer look at the finish...
Thick, rough paint was in every nook and cranny and it desperately needed to be stripped.
So I put the music on and got to work.
I talked to her about changing her vision
to a stained top with a white base and white chairs, and she trusted me.
to a stained top with a white base and white chairs, and she trusted me.
And here is is...finally!
Everything is all nice and smooth again. She will be recovering her chair seats.
Just look at that top! I have to touch it every time I walk by. It has the most beautiful walnut grain that this picture doesn't show. She's going to looove it!

















20 comments:
so glad you talked her into a dark stained top- it is beautiful!!! stripping your top is always a good idea. ;)
That top is DREAMY! SO smooth and perfect! Nice work...now go show off those shoulders in a holiday party tank ;)
That is just gorgeous. You did such a nice job. I love the legs on the table.
She is going to crazy love it!!! Wow, that is so beautiful!
You can't resign! You do such good work. That table top is beautiful! The entire set looks great. You've given me the urge to go and seek out 2nd hand furniture.
Your client is going to be in love! This looks stunning. As usual. I think this kind of finish is your signature design!
it looks fantastic. l love the stained top with the painted bottom....great job!!
This table looks awesome. You were right on with the stained top, it makes the whole set so rich and elegant!
Your table looks delish!! Great job on it =)
Oh my goodness! This turned out so lovely! Lucky lady!
Just beautiful! Although it was a tremendous amount of work, you have got to be pleased... as will your client. The stained top is absolute perfection!
Love it, love it, love it!!! You did such a great job!!! I love refinishing furniture, the work is had but so rewarding when it turns out this beautiful.
Wow, that is amazing! Love love love the color combo and I wish it was in my house! I love your ideas and the fact that you can execute them is amazing!!!
PS I need a cherry wood dresser for Nathan's nursery so if you come across any furniture that might work, let me know :) You are fabulous!!!
absolutely beautiful job...wow! I'm impressed! I've always wanted to do this on a table, but it scares me...how long did it take you?...to strip & sand?
Stripping furniture is a thankless and tiresome project! But your end result is fabulous!!! Love it! That top is amazing!
Hugs
SueAnn
:>) wow! beautiful!
What an amazing piece!
Wow, she is definitely gorgeous!
I love the chunky legs on that table, you did a beautiful job!!
Christa the table and chairs came out amazing! You inspire me to be more creative.
Post a Comment