Monday, November 22, 2010

Two Finished Pieces and the Vintage Market

This weekend, I joined Tara, Cassie, and Ann Marie at a Vintage Market in Camp Verde, 75 minutes north of my house. I missed the first successful day because of work, but joined them on day 2, and it was such a pleasure meeting these girls. I think the weather and winds kept people away that day, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Meet Tara and Cassie, who ran the show. Thank you, Tara, for putting the whole thing together, and Cassie for unloading and reloading the truck. She was a pro. 

Meet Ann Marie, who drove from Prescott to be there. It was fun meeting her, and now her husband can call me her 'real' friend instead of her 'pretend' friend.  

I brought whatever would fit in the truck, which was only 4 pieces.
We paired the chairs from another vendor with my turquoise table, and it sold. 

I brought this dresser which I hope would make Miss Mustard Seed proud, as I shamelessly copied her vintage sheet music idea.

You may remember the before. I did strip the entire thing to refinish it, only to discover it had been painted and refinished before, and there was paint stuck in the pores that I couldn't get out, and it didn't look good. I did get most of it off the top, so at least got to keep some of the tiger oak.


I brought three different knobs to choose from.

I also brought this old provincial chest which I painted a soft pink, and kept the original hardware.

Before

Two of my girls came with me, and weren't bored for one second.
They ran around helping pick up pieces that the wind was blowing over.

It was a great time, and I would definitely do it again!

Linking to:
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

14 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

your pieces look amazing.

Van said...

Love the piece make over, it's GORGEOUS :)

The Frosted Gardner said...

Christa - your pieces are beautiful! I love the sheet music on the little old antique dresser. We have not done anything like that and yours turned out brilliantly - so inspiring.

We have had alot of wind up here as well. And it is beginning to look like Christmas with snow on the ground and super cold days and nights! Have a wonderful day!

Jill said...

Looks great! All of your pieces are lovely!

Brandi said...

Beautiful job on the dresser/mirror! What a transformation!!!

LouLou@thelifeofloulou.blogspot.com said...

Christa!! That dresser is DIVINE. I KNOW MMS would be SO proud... I just got some old sheet music in the mail Saturday from one of my besties, and I'm using it on an old chest... I can't wait! Everything looks amazing...

Side note: I have that exact coat Ann Marie is wearing... LOVE IT! ROLL TIDE!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those dressers turned out beautifully!!! so glad you sold the table... i am sure it was taking up precious space! i know that feeling!

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

All of your pieces are beautiful... that dresser is very special. I LOVED your turquoise table and am not surprised it sold this weekend. Enjoyed the pics from the Vintage Market... wished there was one of you! :)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Everything you took is just gorgeous! I'm glad it was a fun time.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

How fun! That table is great I love the tuquoise bottom. And there is no shame in using someone else's idea, as long as you give them credit, and you did!:)

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

How fun you all got together to do this! I love all of your blogs.

*junkrestore* said...

I'm so glad you decided to come. When I emailed you Friday night I was afraid that you would decide not to come! It was so great to meet you and your sweet girls, and to get to see some of your amazing work in person. LOVE IT!

Kacey said...

It sounds like it was a fun time! I'm glad it went well for you - I knew it would! :) Love the sheet music dresser.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Looks like so much fun! The little pink dresser is so sweet! I love how you brought different knobs to choose from for your awesome music sheet dresser!

Post a Comment