I picked up this little cutie today.
Excuse the messy garage and reflection of dog food in the mirror.
Excuse the messy garage and reflection of dog food in the mirror.
I have so many ideas swirling around and I'm starting to annoy myself that I can't pick one.
I think it'd be perfect for a baby nursery or little girls' room.
I would love to hear your ideas, so I can end the debate between my ears and get to work.
This will be at the barn sale in Camp Verde on November 19th and 20th for the AZ peeps.
I'm excited to meet some blog friends!
This will be at the barn sale in Camp Verde on November 19th and 20th for the AZ peeps.
I'm excited to meet some blog friends!















11 comments:
I think you should...give it me, because it's incredibly beautiful!
Jokes aside, I think you should keep and utilize it as is in your own bedroom? That's what I would do!
If my home were that style, maybe, but then again I don't like orange wood. I really want to do something cute with it.
I would paint it black and put it in my room! Im not into glazing so much. I like more clean-looking and modern furniture. I also love an aqua color for a little girl's room! This is what I did with my daughter's nightstand:
http://idreamcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/09/nightstand-makeover.html
Good luck!
ooohh the possiblities are endless....
I'm lovin' this one right now http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.156747545.jpg
I love the minty color with just the right amount of distress and the stained top.
ooo and I would remove the bottom drawer and use it for big beautiful quilts storage. The colors from the quilt will only add to this piece! I can't wait to see what you do with it!
It's so cute!! You just can't go wrong with white distressed furniture for a little girl's room. If you want something a little bit different, what about a pale, buttery, sunshiny yellow?
i rarely say this, but i don't think it should be painted. that wood grain is just so beautiful if you do decide to paint it though, i would go with a lovely french blue/green, distressed and antiqued. but truly, that would is gorgeous!
Ditto what Cassie said- quartersawn oak, right? Covering it, ah, that's a hard decision. I like painting crappy wood, but oak, well, not so much.
The mirror wood looks different from the rest of the piece, so I am not against painting it. I love your two-toned pieces in the past, but that may be too much for this piece. I like the idea of the creamy yellow as well.
You did good today! I agree, perfect for a girl's room! :)
These pieces have so much potential! I can't wait to see what you end up doing with them.
What a pretty dresser and mirror. I am with you in not liking the orange wood, regardless of how pretty the grain is... I'd paint it in a heart beat. It does look like it would be perfect in a girl's room. I think it would be beautiful with a pink or light grey-blue base coat with some off white creamy over brushing and a very light glazing. I also think going more sophisticated would work well too... black glossy finish? I'm sure you will work wonders on the piece. Can't wait to see!
Post a Comment