Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving at Our House

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I want you all to know how thankful I am for my blog friends, especially because last year
I didn't know people blogged about the things I'm also interested in. You all truly enrich my life.
We hosted, as we usually do because I LOVE doing Thanksgiving.

I made two turkeys - one regular and one organic.
We didn't taste much of a difference - if anything, the non-organic one was a little better.
I also tried Pioneer Woman's brine which smelled great,
but there was little difference between it and my standard salt water solution.
(Sorry, P-dub.)

 The Little Women helped my mother in law with the rolls, also Ree's recipe.
To quote Cousin Eddie, they were gou-ou-ou-ood.

We used the good china and bought good wine, instead of two-buck-Chuck.

Everything was yummmmmy.

But the best part was spending time with our family, and giving thanks for the blessings in our lives.
That, and laughing until we cried watching Elf after dinner. 
(The wine helped.)

6 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it sounds like you had a lovely time! and i love teh christmasy changes to the blog! :)

Kacey said...

Sounds perfectly lovely. I love the photo of your daughter - precious!

Kacey

P.S. We have the same apron!

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving. I loooove your kitchen! I dream of a wall oven! We watched Elf too! Love ELF! :)

SueAnn said...

Ha! What great pics and your turkey looked fabulous!! We had a wonderful feast as well.
Good times all around....good food and good laughter!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

So glad you and your family had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your table setting was beautiful and how much do I love your "leg lamp" in the background?! Thanks for the great pics... you are gorgeous, as are your daughters!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It all looks so pretty! Cute apron! :)

Post a Comment