I was so excited to get home and paint these $10 end tables. I thought I'd have them done in 2 hours.
How I did not notice the bases were rotted by water damage is beyond me. People in AZ think they can sell total junk rather than giving it away.
I do tend to have my head in the clouds, maybe this is why.
After removal of said base:
This is actually another trash-bound desk I picked up like a stray pet, probably from the same family, because it also had rotted base syndrome. I was too ashamed to take a picture of the first base gone awry, but this is exactly what the tables looked like.
At least the pieces were from a decent company?
Hello, 1970's! Romeo did a great job rebuilding the bases.
A few coats of cottage white and some new crystal knobs and they are quite pretty now.
.
All and all, I think they were a worthwhile save. Now I need to find them a home.
But you better believe I'll be turning everything upside down before I bring it home, in order to save my marriage.
Linking to these parties.

















23 comments:
They came out nicely in the end! I had a good chuckle over your last comment. I can just imagin The hubby sighing in exasperation, and yet coming to the rescue to well, rescue the tables.
I have done that! Gotten all excited about something only to find the reason why it was bound for the garbage can to begin with!
Good save.
Beautifully made over!
Kathy
WOW! i would have totally passed those tables up,but you made them BEAUTIFUL! the change in hardware really brings notice to that pretty scrolly design.
Those are stunning! Love how they turned out! You did an awesome job!
Those tables have some character! They look awesome white - I LOVE them! Great job!!
Wonderful job! It's a great thing that you saved a few trees, and some history by reconditing those tables. Hopefully you find them a great home.
Beautiful!! I love how you saved these old end tables - they look great.
Oh my goodness they don't even look like the same tables!
Beautiful!!
Fabulous! Love the scrolly design!
I have one exactly like these sitting in my back room waiting to be done over. I'm so new at this whole thing that I'm nervous to start.
now I'm decided... I will go and get paint tomorrow!
Really nice make over on the tables, I have one similar that I have painted black...it's soon to be white though:)
Rondell
Awesome! Doesn't it feel wonderful to 'save' something like this and have it turn out so beautiful?
What a deal! LOVE them all creamy!
Wow, you did a great job. They are beautiful.
They turned out beautiful in spite of their hidden beginning problems. TFS.
Wow! Both of these turned out so gorgeous! I don't know that I would have "seen" the beauty! Thank goodness you did. :)
I'm amazed at how beautiful these came out. Good save on the water damage too!
LOVED THEM! AWESOME JOB!
What great finds. I love the details - simply gorgeous white! Great save on the bases - They look fabulous! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase - I greatly apprecite it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn
They are gorgeous!! I love this style with the detailed fronts.
-Rene
These are SO pretty! Thanks for linking to FTF!
I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!
Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/70s-end-table-redo/
If you would like a "featured by" button, let me know ;)
Wow! What a great rescue. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing in the DIY Show Off Project Parade! I love seeing your creativity! :)
Roeshel
Post a Comment