Friday, July 23, 2010

Our Heaven on Earth

 We're back from Coronado and had a fabulous time!
(Anyone agree that vacation is a great opportunity to know what your house smells like?)

Some highlights:
Long morning jogs along Orange Avenue...

...and alongside the charming homes.
I loved this glazed red door.
^^^This was my favorite bungalo, overall^^^

^But I loved the timeless taupe, black, and white color scheme of this cutie.^

The Little Women lost all track of time at the beach everyday. 

^They found lots of these.^
After a thorough cleaning, they are the newest addition to their Coronado bathroom.

We enjoyed our frugally-packed lunches on the Del's deck everyday. 

^And watched the Sea Gulls steal people's $14 burgers^


Nope, they weren't the least bit interested in our food.
Those sea gulls prefer the expensive stuff.
I managed to squeeze in some retail therapy. 
It was nice to thrift in another state.

^I've seen these headboard/footboard benches on blogs everywhere, and have yet to make one.^

I may need to go back to this junkyard because they had a spindle set just like this^^

These topiaries were dreamy...

...and so were these burlap/frenchy pillows...I definitely need to dust off my sewing machine and get on the burlap bandwagon.

 I've seen a lot of book wreaths...but book...dresses?
I'll give fifty bucks to someone who wears something like this to their office Christmas party.
With drink umbrellas instead of a bra.

 ^^^We had our dinners at fun, unique places^^^
^^^And enjoyed bike rides around the island ^^^
(This was a  bittersweet moment for me while Romeo was on the phone with my Dad, trying to locate my Grandfather's house that he didn't leave to the family, sniff.)
Shh. You hear that? That's the sound of hotel money going down the drain.
We had gelato everyday. 
Get it...CoroNado?
  (I didn't either. Romeo had to tell me.)
Okay, okay. We had gelato twice a day.
So I quadrupled the sugar quota for five days, big deal.
Keepin' it real, folks.
Needless to say, we were on a first-name basis with Nichelo (permission granted). He was liberal with the samples.
All in all, what we enjoyed most was slowing down and enjoying many simple moments together.

We are already looking forward to next year.
(And if you know anyone who rents a house or condo affordably by the week, will you hook me up? 

5 comments:

Jeralee said...

Heavenly indeed! It looks like it was a lot of fun. I loved the pictures and your final photo of your family standing in the ocean would be great on a Christmas card.

Now... I need to go find me some gelato.

Traci said...

I am glad you had a great trip. My husband teases me because I want to go thrifting everywhere we go.
Traci

MelissaOklahoma said...

I love Coronado and the Hotel Del is so beautiful!

Karen Jeffries said...

It does a Mom's heart good that you're carrying on our Coronado tradition. The girls look like they were beaming from all the good times they were having. (Or was it because of the gelato twice a day?) Loved seeing all your great pictures! We'll be sure to get Grandpa's house address for next year. Sniff.

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

Coronado and SD is one of our favorite vaca destinations, for sure!! Next time you're there, try the Gyro's at Spiro's Gyros at Fisherman's Wharf on Coronado. They're TO DIE FOR and cheap to boot. It's making me hungry just thinking about it. ;)

Post a Comment