Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A good thrift day is good for the soul

A couple of days ago I went thrift shopping with one of my Little Women and we came home with some happy finds.

^^^These cute little ice cream cups were fifty cents.^^^

And my girl spotted these for fifty cents and said we had to have them. (Lucky for her I'm a sucker for Disney):















^^^They only had three bowls; perfect for us. The mac 'n cheese was extra good.^^^

My favorite find of the day?
Drumroll, please...

Da     Da    Da     Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, lovely, how did someone not buy you? You had me at hello.
(But not my girl. She said "No Mom. You have too much furniture already. You have to stop." 

So I left it. And I came home and told Romeo about my restraint; how I walked away from a $40 table with great bones, because our girl was probably right - I have too much unfinished furniture sitting around. And this is what my sweet husband said:
"I can see it in your eyes. You love that table. Get your butt back to Goodwill and go get it." 
That's all it took. I was out the door.
What a guy.

I'm in the process of working my magic on it. 
^^^And it's almost finished now that I have this sweet machine.^^^
With it, I may just get all that furniture done and make my girl proud.
 Stay tuned...

Tata,

6 comments:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I'm completely jealous of your new machine~and I'm excited to see how the table turns out.

Michelle (Three Men and a Lady) said...

Oh you lucky girl. I've been scouting CL for months looking for a table exactly like that. I settled for something else but now I'm wishing I would have held out for a lovely table just like yours.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your great finds, and the girls look so happy with their disney bowls. Your table is just wonderful. I am so glad you went back and got it. Gorgeous. I can't wait to see it all finished. Hugs, Marty

Irene Robertson said...

That table is gorgeous. but uh, what is that machine?

shelly @ the familyblt said...

Man I love GW! It's the bestest!

Ramblings of a Photo Girl said...

I am definitley in love with that table!

Post a Comment