Monday, August 30, 2010

Where I Blog

It's been fun seeing where my fellow blogging friends write their masterpieces at Centsational Girl, so I'm joining in! You should stop by & link up if you haven't already!

This is where I write. It is my therapy.


It is a cozy and convenient corner in the hub of our home, where there is usually a candle going and dishes to be ignored washed. I enjoy blogging in the quiet, with no t.v., and while the kids are at school so that I can give them my undivided attention once they are home.
In the not-too-distant future, I'll be transforming this space with antique white cabinets and black for the island. I cannot wait to get started on them. You can see where I did a black glaze over the builder grade orange cabinets (like the appliance garage which is obviously when I lost interest).

Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me a little more,
 

p.s. We haven't forgotten about the laundry riser tutorial...it's almost done, with sketches, courtesy of Romeo himself.

11 comments:

The Frosted Gardner said...

Your space is beautiful! And it looks like your next project is outlined! Cannot wait to see the progress. :) Have a great day.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

looks like acozy little nook! i seriously blog on my couch with my laptop or at my dining table... i don't like working at a desk where i am facing a wall. i don't know why, but i never have! i like openness and to be able to look up and see something other than a well. maybe i am slightly claustrophobic!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

yeah I want to paint my cabinets too! In the meantime your kitchen is lovely!

xinex said...

I love your blogging space and I love your kitchen!..Christine

Irene Robertson said...

That's so lovely.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

What a nice spot to work in! Your kitchen will look amazing.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous! It will be gorgeous with the new paint on the cupboards too, though. Really beautiful! :)

Rene said...

The kitchen is the perfect spot for blogging.

-Rene

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous. What a great place to relax and blog. I think the bible passage you have posted on your wall is very special, too.

P.S. I have to say I LOVE your upholstered chair with the nail head trim... that is to die for. :)

Centsational Girl said...

Ha ! Christa I'm soooo like you with the dishes in the sink while I blog away ! I love how you've placed yourself in the center of your home when you're online ~ a brilliant move for a busy mama ! Can't wait to see what you do with your kitchen !
xo
Kate

Amy said...

Love it! Ok...I have to ask - you stained these cabinets? We have builder orangey cabs and I despise them. However....DH wants a wood tone and the thought of having to strip, sand and restain the entire kitchen causes me to hyperventilate! I'd love to know more!!! Please!
(amy - timamy2005@yahoo.com!)

Post a Comment