Words cannot express how happy I am to be finished with this project.
You can check out my last 3 posts if you are curious about the process,
or want to see the products I'm using.
Here was before:
And now: 
Whites can be warm, cool, bright, or mellow, so they are tricky, at least they were for me this time.
I sprayed on a few different colors to get the right one for this room.
Ben Moore Acadia White was a nice, creamy white,
but it looked like a marshmallow exploded in my laundry room.
Bone White - very pretty, but too brown next to the white in the stripes.
But Linen White....just right.
It is a soothing, creamy white with yellow undertones.
It works well in a farmhouse/cottage decor.
(Mayonnaise was a close contender and a bit lighter.)
Edit: next time I will use Varathane in semi-gloss.
Up next: Romeo built an open laundry shelf for the washer and dryer to sit on that I have left to paint. He even offered to do a guest post/tutorial, so keep an eye out if you are interested in building one!
Sharing this at:






















27 comments:
The laundry room looks fantastic! What a big difference white can make. So fresh and clean looking. Can't wait for you to do your kitchen. (You will....won't you?)
I think the laundry room looks gorgeous! You did a great job! It is beautiful! I think linen white was a perfect choice!! :)
Hey there - your room looks stunning! I bet you don't want to see another cabinet for quite a long time! Well your hard work paid off, it looks stunning!
The cabinets look awesome! I really like the white you ended up with. I'm looking forward to the tutorial for the open laundry shelf~we got the pedestal drawers when we bought our washer and dryer, and I NEVER use them.
Just gorgeous! That is my dream cabinet color and it looks so warm and elegant, like you should be sitting in there with a cup of coffee rather than doing laundry! :-) Thanks for sharing it with us!
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com
Well done! I agree that whites can be especially tricky... I'm glad you trusted your instincts. The room is bright,clean and classy. The beadboard addition was genious, for sure.
I love your laundry room. So fresh looking! Nice job on your cabinets. I know you had your challenges with it. It turned out beautifully. I admire you for tackling such a big project. The white you ended up choosing is perfect. And, I love your "moral support" in the photo!
Great job on the laundry room...I'm very envious!
I'm a new follower from Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.
Have a lovely day.
Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
http://nauticalcottageblog.com
it looks awesome! i bet you are so happy and glad that you went with your gut and kept the paper. the room looks amazing!!
You did an awesome job! What a pain, but it looks like it was definitely worth it. Oh! And you kept the stripes. So perfect.
Christa, this is perfect! You did such a great job -- I LOVE the beadboard you added -- it completes the look. :) BTW - love the stripes in there -- they're wonderful!
This looks wonderful and I also love the beadboard. I wish my laundry room looked this clean and organized.
BEAUTIFUL... love the whole room... the cabinets are gorgeous... the stripes are great too. I'm putting your room in the PoPP Spotlight on Saturday.
A truly tremendous transformation. Thank you for sharing your paint colors. I'm happy to be your newest follower and I invite you to visit my blog. If you find a project that inspires you, I invite you to follow me, as well.
I wouldn't want to leave my laundry room if it looked like that! Beautiful!
Looks great! Love your moral support. lol Enjoy your "new" laundry room.
I wanted to let you know about Atticmag's new linky party - Giveaway Friday! It's a convenient place for bloggers to link their giveaways each week. We've kicked it off with a fantastic giveaway of our own. Five lucky winners will win material to do a backsplash in their homes. Hope to see you there!
Allison
Atticmag
Thank you for the inspiration...beautiful.
Ah, thats a dream space! Well done!
Nice, it looks like a different room--very inspiring.
Oooh! Nice! Can't wait to see the riser tutorial. I love the white you chose (at last!).
Love the transformation. A nice bright space.(And I love your moral support, too. Mine would have her paws in the paint, though!)
Great change. I like the new cabinet color.
Love the cabinet makeover! The color choice was perfect and I luvvvvv the brushed bronze cabinet hardware. I will be painting some of my bathroom and laundry room cabinets very soon, so this was a motivating post for me!
Please stop over at my blog sometime, I'd love to have you visit!
http://www.ourcottageinthedesert.blogtspot.com
Thanks!
~Jennifer
I love this project and it turned out amazing! We've been talking about doing this exact project in our kitchen but too much going on recently.
I'll definitely be looking forward to tackling our kitchens together!
hats off to you, you have done a wonderful job on your cabinets, this project of yours is an inspiration for many i would say and cabinets are such an integrall part of home that you cannot live without them, great post
I surely enjoyed this project. I wanted to share with you that I have included it in my August bookmark post on my blog. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend.
You did a wonderful job on these cabinets....I love the color! I was wondering if you painted your woodwork in your house or if it was done before you moved there, do you know what color it is? I am trying to pick a good color for our white woodwork that is not so white. Please let me know any idea you might have. Thanks so much!
Post a Comment