Yesterday's plan to paint went according to plan,
and without a hitch.
and without a hitch.
It was the first time I've used Aura and I'm hooked.
Only 1/4 gallon was needed for the entire laundry room!
Only 1/4 gallon was needed for the entire laundry room!
Today I was eager to glaze & topcoat,
and get everything put back together.
You know the feeling, right?
You know the feeling, right?
It was a typical weekend morning.
The Little Women were looking forward their oat, egg white, flaxseed, blueberry & cottage cheese pancakes, and I cheerfully delivered.
Their bellies were good and full, and I had a good 3 hours
of no 'can we have a snack?' business.
Then, this happened to me.

I'd love to know how this woman has managed to take over a paint brand that so many of us are loyal to.
Our favorite Ralph Lauren glazes, such as tea stain, smoke, and tobacco
have been eliminated from the fellas in the orange aprons' computers.
Even they were surprised to see the formulas gone.
Our favorite Ralph Lauren glazes, such as tea stain, smoke, and tobacco
have been eliminated from the fellas in the orange aprons' computers.
Even they were surprised to see the formulas gone.
Poof.
Not even one formula remained to mix in the glazing mediums
they had sitting on the shelf!
Not even one formula remained to mix in the glazing mediums
they had sitting on the shelf!
Oh, Martha.
Martha, Martha, Martha.
I wish you had focused more on your pet line, is all.
But I'll keep an open mind and give you a chance.
Martha, Martha, Martha.
I wish you had focused more on your pet line, is all.
But I'll keep an open mind and give you a chance.
So, I had to adapt.
And we LOVE the way the cabinets are turning out.
I've had some emails about glazing how-to's, so I hope to give the Little Women a crash course in recording, and put together a quick video tutorial...tomorrow.
Hopefully.
Hopefully.















9 comments:
christa, they are looking sooooo good! and i am also a huge aura fain-it's great paint and reasonably priced in my opinion for the quality. and i share your non-fanhood of martha. sorry martha, but i just think you are a little bossy, and an overgrown have to get your way kind of gal.
I can't wait for the tutorial! I may be inspired to do my laundry room too... then who knows what after that... the bathroom, kitchen even??!!
Looking beautiful! Sounds like you have had a productive weekend. But leave it to Martha to throw a wrench in it. Oh Martha.
Wow! They look awesome! I've never tried Aura paint, but if they'll get me results like that, I want some!
Your cabinets are looking very nice! I need to try the Aura paint. Your daughters are adorable and those pancakes sound delicious. Have fun completing your cabinets.
Christa, the finish looks great... very nice job. Your work area looks just like mine, only mine is in my garage. :) (It has been like 400 degrees here in Kansas City for the last few weeks). Love the picture of your girls.
Christa, you asked about the barn sale, I just posted more info about it on www.junkrestore.com.... It's not that far from Phoenix!
I think exactly the way as you do on the Aura. I refuse to use anything else. Did you use a paint sprayer? I'm just seeing cords. Thanks.
I'm in the process of repainting just about everything in my home right now. You know, you change out to white trim and now everything just screams "PAINT ME!"... but I'd like to put a glaze on some of the furniture pieces but haven't been able to find any that are mentioned on the blogs...what do you suggest?
Post a Comment