Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some New Finished Pieces!

Phew! It's been a fun weekend finishing up some pieces before we leave for FL for 10 days, 5 of which involves a very big boat, and Disney :) The kids are so excited to be with their grandparents and 4 cousins from NJ, and Kevin and I cannot WAIT to slow down a bit.

I worked on this 6 piece antique bedroom set over the long weekend, anxious to complete it before we left. Between dealing with the pesky bleed through, painting, distressing, glazing, and topcoating, it took me 2 whole days! Here is how it came out:




   
   
And this Old World sideboard has been finished for a few weeks, but I'm just now getting around to shooting it for CL. Tip: I slid socks under the feet to move it around. Worked like a charm!

And, it's time for an update on Robin: She is spending some time with her family in FL right now. She is able to process food once again and many of her symptoms are under control since going through 6 rounds of chemo and is just as positive and upbeat as ever. She is my hero. Thank you for your continued prayers!

Linking to:


12 comments:

Stacey said...

All your pieces look awesome! I am super inspired!!!
Stacey of Embracing Change

The Cranky Queen said...

Love all the furniture re-dos...great job! Tiff

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that bedroom set is stunning! i love it!!! the bed is my fave part. awesome job, and thanks for the update on robin- she is in my prayers.

Allison Posey said...

That bedroom set is gorgeous! Just perfect!!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It's gorgeous, Christa! Love the chippiness!

SueAnn said...

Am lovin' the furniture! The color and finishes are fabulous!!
Good to hear of Robin...prayers coming!
Hugs
SueAnn

Allison said...

The bedroom set is beautiful, Christa! I continue to keep Robin and her family in my prayers. She sounds like an upmazing woman.

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Fabulous job on all the pieces! Hope you and your family have a wonderful time on your well deserved vacation.

Lori

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

The bedroom set came out fantastic! Can't believe you did it in a weekend all the while I was down the shore, ha! Enjoy your vaca...sounds like a blast. I'm in NJ too, where is your family from?

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

The bedroom set is incredibly beautiful. What a lot of work! Love the black sideboard as well. The detail on the top...amazing!

Thrifty Sister said...

Such a lovely bedroom set. We have a similar set in our shop, she's in need of a makeover. I'm hoping someone will buy her and shower her with the love (and a little paint). I'm sharing on our FB page, maybe spread a little inspiration.

Pattie T. said...

This looks great! What is it about spring and summer that make me want to start redoing furniture? I've been thinking along these same lines. I love what you've done here, very nice and a great color.

Post a Comment