Monday, May 16, 2011

Shabby French Armoire

One more piece is out of the garage! I see a light at the end of the tunnel :)
This one was taking up a lot of space so I was motivated to finish it quickly.
I remembered a before shot after I had already dismantled everything.

The finish was very worn, and some white paint livened it up. 

 I took dozens of pictures of this "pose" using all different settings and not one of them came out very clear.

 I love the feet.
 And all the curvy details.


 After cleaning the original hardware, I spritzed them with satin nickel and then took steel wool to them to age them before spraying on a clear sealer.

 The flip down drawer is a great feature for media storage.
It would be so cute in a baby's room, though!

Sharing this at

13 comments:

leah mari said...

oh i so love this piece!! wow so great i wish it was mine :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i may be the only freak whose heart starts racing when i see a piece i really love, but that's what happened. it's an emotional gutteral reaction. and it's a good thing. :)

European Paint Finishes said...

Oooohhh. I can see why you kept it around. That has got to go in a little girls room. Darling. I too LOVE the feet and your finish looks exceptional -as usual!

Gloria Fox @ Potentially Beautiful said...

That is gorgeous! I love the flip-down compartment above. Great for DVD player/game systems.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh wow Christa! What a gorgeous piece! I love the hardware and that flip-down drawer is really interesting!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous, Christa! The hardware is lovely on this piece and the white is perfect! Lovely job! That was large piece to work on.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It's just lovely, Christa! I love the pretty flowers details, and the pulls look awesome!

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Really nice! Great finish and I love what you did with the hardware.

SueAnn said...

Oh I love love love this!! Beautiful!! Well done!
Hugs
SueAnn

Sausha @ {show and tell} said...

this one turned out so good! Perfect color for it - and i love the feet. Good find :)

Reenie said...

LOVE it!!

Rhonda said...

Love your blog! I just started following....wish I had as much talent as you do....hoping that I will develop it!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Beautiful piece!

Post a Comment