Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's a Good Tired...

It's been a rewarding 2 days at Mike and Keeley's working on two different pieces from start to finish for our ebook. Aside from being two really neat people who are so easy to be with,  here's what else I learned about them:

** Keeley makes killer salads. I think I said, "this is the best salad I've ever had," more than twice, two days in a row which was quite unladylike, but I was so hungry and it was seriously SO good.

** Mike really likes sunflower seeds. And now I like them too, after snubbing them for years. Some day I hope to be as good at getting the seed out without my hands like he can but for now I must still use my immaculately clean hands.

Anyway, on day one this:

Became this:

(...Check out EPF's blog for all the detail shots...)

It was fun to work side by side in Mike's shop for for 2 solid days going through the process I go through in my own shop (I like his better), only with a completely different line of products, both of which will be presented in the book. Mike has the gift of knowledge, and after I was there for two solid days, obviously he also has the gift of mercy. I was a major pest distraction with my camera and all, but all he ever showed was patience with this tedious process of documenting every. single. thing. I videotaped as many possible techniques that I've been trying to figure out how to shoot at home without having a sidekick to help me, and working with Mike was so natural and easy. I also took a bazillion photographs from start to finish of each piece. Now, I just need to find 200+ hours to organize it all and make it look pretty. Somehow, it will happen with a little perseverance.

7 comments:

Kacey said...

Sounds exciting! GOOD LUCK! :)

SueAnn said...

That piece is fabulous! It is a wonderful thing to find someone you can work side by side with on a creative project! That is a real blessing!
Glad you enjoyed yourself
Hugs
SueAnn

Casey Martinez said...

What a fantastic makeover!! I love when old furniture is painted white to give it a fresh look and a vintage feel is so pretty! Great job!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a beauty! And sounds like you are having fun too! I know you have perserverance!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Oh, I envy you! I would love to be a fly on the wall and see how Mike does it! I am so excited about the ebook!

Allison said...

It sounds like a fun couple days you've had! Your hutch looks beautiful!

The Painted Parlor said...

That hutch is gorgeous!! EPF ALWAYS does such amazing work!!
Good luck on your ebook!! Sounds like a lot of work, but worth it!

Julie

Post a Comment