I hope everyone had a great time celebrating Mother's Day!
We did things a little different this year, and gave Mom our sweat equity
to show her our love and appreciation for all she has done for us.
She and Dad recently moved into a new house, and she's been making it a home.
She wanted her laundry room to look clean and cheerful, so that's what we gave her!
Here is what it looked like before - I remembered the picture after taking the cabinet doors down.
They were your garden variety of oak.
I brought the doors and drawers home to spray them,
then came back before the weekend to finish up the casings.
Boo kept me company while I worked.
That's my brother, Ryan. When he's not out saving lives or fighting fires he's an in-demand handy man because he is a perfectionist and knows his stuff! We made a great team. While we painted, my sister and Ryan's wife helped my Mom take pictures of stuff and listed them on CL for her.
A very productive Mother's Day!
My Dad took down the builder shelf above the washer/dryer because they will inherit my laundry stand when I move, which will hide that white thing in the back. I am really going to miss that stand!
All that is left is for Mom to pull it all together by adding black and white accents to the walls, and then take down the fluorescent lighting and add a cute chandelier.
Mom said it was her best Mother's Day ever!
Colors used:
SW Roman Column for cabinets
SW Ryegrass for walls

















12 comments:
that looks wonderful, christa! i love that ryegrass color- so warm and pretty! and of course the cabinets look sooo much better!!! awesome gift!
looks very nice. we had a green laundry room in our last house as well. Love your underneath-washer/dryer shelf thing.. wow!
what did you spray the cabinets with?
That's a wonderful day and gift you gave your mother. The laundry room looks beautiful, Christa. I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!
What a great gift. You did a fabulous job!
What a thoughtful Mother's Day gift. I am sure your mom will enjoy the memories of that day each time she does laundry.
Traci
I thought that green looked familiar...it's what I painted my laundry room! What a nice gift and it looks so much fresher!! Kitty Boo will look better in the room too.
What a fun place to do the laundry! You and your brother look so cute painting together! :)
You Mom's laundry room looks wonderful... so much fresher. I really like the cabinet finish and the wall color selection. I bet doing that project was a lot of fun for everybody!
wow!! i love a great makeover!! your mom is so lucky to have you..what a wonderful project!
your so sweet for doing that for your mom! It looks so clean and fresh now - having a cute room makes laundry a teeny bit better :)
I love it. My kitchen in my old house was painted ryegrass.. I miss it...The paint. not the house. :) Maybe my laundry room should be ryegrass? It looks great!
I love organizing stuff like that, it's sooo satisfying when you're done :). It looks awesome!
Julie
Post a Comment