Before you go any further, I must warn you.
I just painted over perfectly good wood.
Yesireebob.
And I am aware that it breaks a rule somewhere, so if you need to look away, by all means please do!
My buddy Sausha from {Show & Tell} LOVES chippy paint, and her love for this finish inspired me to go ahead and try it on something. We share ideas with each other a lot over email because we're dorky like that and could talk finishing techniques all the live long day while our pieces are drying in the garage.
(Sorry, Sausha, I don't really think you're a dork like me.)
Last week she introduced me to cabinet scrapers, and I picked some up yesterday for this t.v. cabinet.
Ready?
I think it's so cute! I will definitely be doing another like it in the future,
even if it means I have to break that rule again, he he.
I'm determined to finish all unfinished furniture in the garage before we move. Stay tuned!
Sharing this at


Sharing this at
















18 comments:
It looks great! Don't you love breaking the rules? :-)
Ohhhhh....love it! What a beautiful piece! It does seem sinful to paint wood and I had a similar dilemma the other day, but the paint won! Looks awesome - great job!
Stacey of Embracing Change
I love it!
I have a nightstand very similar to this that I'd like to "transform"...can you tell me what kind of paint you used? Did you use that new chalk paint everyone is talking about...did you sand, prime, etc?
Thanks!
Judy
that is gorgeous!!! it doesn't even look like the same piece- the hardware was a fabulous choice.
{Swoon}
Love.it!
It's lovely! I think the painted stuff almost always looks cuter anyways! :)
I read about those cool scrapers over at Sausha's, and they sounded neat~I think I'm going to have to get myself a set! I've been trying to do the chippy look using a razor blade, and I have to say, I've been dinging up the wood a little more than I'd like to.
That perfectly good piece of furniture looks much better painted! I love it!
It doesn't even look the same! Totally adorable now. The white really emphasizes it's height whereas before I didn't really notice. Great job.
Julie
She was dated and a bit stuffy, now she is fresh and fabulous! What girl wouldn't want a makeover like that? Love it Christa!
What are cabinet scrapers and how do you use them? I'm always interested in new and better distressing techniques! :)
Rules, what rules? It looks so much better! ;-)
Go ahead and break the rules - this looks a million times better!
Lil
Looks fantastic! Way better than what you started with! very pretty
i love it - and i love the name! And yes - we are both big dorks, im not ashamed to admit it :)
I think she's beautiful, Christa. She's much lighter and brighter now.
I love that finish! I also really like the change in hardware. I'm with you in not having a problem painting over stained pieces. Well done, Christa.
I think all those rules were deleted by someone. :-) This piece looks fantastic! You're painting like a pro ~
Pat
Post a Comment