Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Changes and a Small Dresser for Trudi

Hi there! Remember me? 
I haven't been blogging much because I haven't had anything interesting to share these days. 
Kevin and I are in the middle of big decisions, and have decided to downsize and move to a more affordable location, and very close to my parents, and my brother and his wife. It was a major decision, but one we feel good about. The kids will have to go to new schools, which is a bummer, but we will all adjust to the changes that downsizing and living in a new part of town brings! We opened escrow yesterday on a house that we see ourselves calling home. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to find a home for sale that is not a short sale, so it may be a while before we hear whether or not the bank approves it.

In the meantime, I made over this chest for a coworker of mine. She's had it for a while and wanted to re-purpose it and use it as bedside chest. She wanted it black, but told me to do whatever I thought was best with the hardware and the distressing.


 I couldn't resist staging it with one of our wedding photos because I've been awfully sentimental lately :)
 

I couldn't decide what to do for the hardware until I saw these knobs someone used on a dresser in the vast sea of blogs out there. So, I made a trip to HL and lucked out that it was 1/2 off knob week!
 
So, that's what's been happening over here. 
I've had some emails asking how Robin is doing. She is as upbeat and positive as ever! But, the chemo is very rough and she gets her nutrition intravenously due to the bowel obstruction. She has a huge support system that are taking care of everything so she can focus on her family and her treatment. Thank you for your continued prayers!

15 comments:

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

Looks very nice! I love half off knob weeks at HL! Moving is difficult, but exciting too! Think of all the decorating and space planning you'll get to do! I'm a little jealous actually. :) Miss you friend!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

by any chance, do your parents live near me? because that would be awesome. :) i am so glad you are still there and love the new dresser!
and like ann marie said, it will be so fun to decorate a new space! i look forward to seeing what you come up with. will you change the blog name... stories of a(nother) house?

European Paint Finishes said...

Yay! Christa's back :) -Nicely done on the dresser. I'm sure your co-worker is pleased with the outcome and the knobs are perfect!
-Wherever you end up you'll make your own. It will be nice to be closer to family and have less stress to worry about. Give it time because "this too shall pass". ~xo

Natalie said...

Love Love Love this!!!!!

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

I love the chest! The knobs are the perfect touch. I am excited for you as new beginnings can be really nice. Ha, ha to Cassie's question above as to whether you will be changing your blog name to "Stories of A(nother) House." :)

Kacey said...

Hi Christa! Welcome back! Love the black & white dresser.

It sounds like maybe your new home might be better for you guys, so close to family. No matter what, you'll make it your home! Good luck with the changes.

Kacey

P.S. Are you moving a lot farther away?

Connie the crafterbug said...

This looks gorgeous! I hope you get well adjusted soon with life and all the situations you are facing. Good luck! Thanks for sharing your blog.
Connie

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

I was wondering what you've been up to. :) Sounds like alot of changes are headed your way, but it I like how you are looking at it like an adventure!

The little side table is super cute, and the handles were just the right touch!

Sausha @ {show and tell} said...

i just bought those same handles yesterday!! Looks so cute with the black - and i love the little wheels

ingrid said...

Woooh.Nice done!!Love this...Moving to your parents is a decision you will never regret.We did the same.
Love from the netherlands

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That chest turned out beautifully! Sounds like big changes are in the works. Hope the transitions are smooth sailing!

Allison said...

That chest is beautiful, Christa! That will be nice for you to live closer to your parents and your brother and sister in law. Family is so important. You will have a whole new blank canvas to decorate and design! That will be exciting! I continue to keep Robin and her family in my prayers.

The Frosted Gardner said...

Hey friend I have missed you! Love this little black dresser you did for a friend. The casters are great and the hardware choice is wonderful. Sounds like a change is on its way. I can relate. Boy can I ever. I am here if you ever need to talk. :) Things work out as they should. Best of luck.

Lynda said...

Thanks for letting us know what you've been up to and how Robin is doing. I have been wondering too.
Any chance you might move to the Gilbert area?
Best wishes to you and yours!

Isabel said...

Wow, you can truly make any piece look fabulous! Love to read your blog!

Post a Comment