Monday, March 14, 2011

Prayer Warriors, Let's Unite

For Robin
 
I am asking my readers from all over the world to please read and respond.
Just look at Robin's sweet little girls...




Robin is a beloved family member battling ovarian cancer. She has put up a very brave fight with her positive spirit throughout her chemo and surgery to remove her ovaries. Her faith in Christ is strong and powerful and has been an encouragement to me. We learned on Friday when she went in for surgery to remove a bowel obstruction (which they thought would be scar tissue) that the cancer had spread throughout her abdomen. If you've been following my blog for a while, you know how strongly I believe in the power of prayer.

7 years ago my Mom survived a 9 hour surgery to remove a large brain tumor, and also several complications afterward requiring life support. God mercifully allowed my eyes to see things that those caring for her didn't see even after I pointed them out, such as the blood clot in her arm. Her arm looked enormous to me compared to the other one, and upon measuring was only slightly different. They did the ultrasound to appease me, found the clot, and it was treated in time. The emergency room did the original CT scan to appease me, as well, and questioned why I even brought her in. She is alive and well today, because of the clarity I received from above. That is the same God in control of Robin's life and healing.

Will you join me in flooding the heavens with the following prayers for Robin? Imagine the power of being connected with people from all over the world praying the same thing. I know the hearts of my readers, and have faith that you will. A daily prayer for her would be even more awesome, and may God bless you for doing so.

Robin is at peace with God's will for her. She knows where her eternity is because of Christ. But, she has always believed her earthly body will be restored, and our family honors her belief. We are called to be specific about what we ask for, so let's be an army behind her!

Our prayer for Robin:

1) We give thanks for the power of Almighty God who is bigger than cancer, and capable of miracles.
2) We ask for every single cancer cell to be destroyed inside of Robin's entire earthly body, and to never return.
3) We ask for every single healthy cell in Robin's earthly body to be restored.
4) We ask for physical and mental strength for Robin as she starts aggressive chemotherapy today.
5) We ask for the bowel obstruction to heal spontaneously.
6) We ask for Robin to have restorative sleep, and for relief from her pain and nausea.
7) We ask for mental and emotional strength for Robin's entire family during this very difficult trial.
8) We ask that you bless each and every person praying for Robin.

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
Matthew 18:20

Please flood the comment box for Robin, as well as the gates of heaven...

65 comments:

Jesslyn Amber said...

I prayed with you Christa and will continue to so!

Renae said...

Absolutely! Consider it done. God's blessings to Robin and her family.

Pam said...

I am praying with you for Robin and her family. May God Bless her.

Take care,
Pam

Danielle said...

praying!

Kate @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating said...

Praying for Robin! Keeping faithful and having a positive attitude is half the battle and it sounds like she is doing wonderfully. Will continue prayers for her.

Valerie Jean said...

Christa... .sending prayers to Robin, her family, those gorgeous girls, you for holding this prayer chain for her! Wishing Robin a safe & successful recovery!

Mrsfatface said...

Praying for Robin and her family!

LL from KS said...

I am praying and believing that HIS will we be done! May the whole family feel comfort in knowing ,not what the future holds, but who holds the future!

Irene Robertson said...

I will deiniitely pray for Robin and her family. I wasdiagnosed with stage 1 Ovarian Cancer when I was just 23 years old. Prayer helped me. It will help Robin too.

Never Enough Thyme Creations said...

Sending prayers of healing, strength and guidance for Robin, her family, and all around her.

m&msmommy said...

What a beautiful family! I am praying! :)

Jennifer said...

I will be praying for Robin and her family!!!

ReenieK Designs said...

I will keep her & her family in my prayers.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

I will definitely be praying for Robin. This is especially meaningful to me because my younger sister has an ovarian tumor and is awaiting the specialist's response for surgery.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I will pray for her and continue to pray for her....

Lou Cinda

Lauren said...

I too believe in the power of unceasing prayer. God is way bigger than Robin's cancer and I will continue to pray that He shows us just that.

Saby said...

My family will be praying for her!

Jenny said...

Prayers being sent out for her and her beautiful family.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Sending prayers for Robin and her lovely family!

Renee said...

Sending up healing prayers for Robin and her family.

Sjn said...

I will pray for Robin and her family.
I am also living with cancer, one surgery at a time, hopefully December's was my last and my cancer is gone. I know her fears. She is far too young to leave, we need to pray hard and ask God to spare her and keep her here with us, with her girls and husband. Please God, hear our prayers.

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Sending many, many healing prayers to Robin and her family!!

Jana Jones said...

Very Touching! Prayed and will continue to do so :)

Lauren said...

Praying fervently for her... I'll pass this on, as well.
There's an army behind you, Robin!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh christa. i don't even know what to say, but i will pray. keeping you and robin and all family in my thoughts and prayers. i, too, believe in that power.

Katie said...

I will be praying most definitely. What time is her surgery?

A Prairie Girl in California said...

o this brought tears to my eyes... My mother is a cancer survivor, and I can only imagine what you as an entire family are feeling, the husband, the little girls...

My prayers are with every single one of you and especially Robin.

'Our God is so big! so strong and So mighty there's NOTHING our God can not do"
and nothing touches Gods heart like hearing His people pleading on their knees...

hugs to all...

Courtney said...

Robin and family: May the Lord watch over you and lift you up in this time of great trial. May He give you an unexplainable peace as only He can. I pray that He guides the hands of the surgeons for He is the Great Physician. How encouraging it is to see someone so young have such strong faith in the Lord and His will. God Bless You, Robin!

Amber said...

I am praying!

Restoration House said...

I am praying as well in Jesus' name!

simple~needs said...

i read your post to myself and then out loud... it felt so good- so positive!. i believe that prayer is a powerful thing.
let robin know we are here, we will pray and keep thinking of her.

Simply Domestic said...

Praying for Robin!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I am praying for Robin's healing and stength and for her family as well.

SueAnn said...

I am praying right now!!
Hugs
SueAnn

richly blessed said...

Praying for Robin and her family.

Farah said...

I too will be praying and believing in His power and healing for Robin. May God be with her and her family. God bless you for listening and stepping out in faith to listen to God when told you to act.

Chrissie said...

I will be praying for Robin and her family.I am praying for a miracle!

Elaine said...

I'm praying too, for Robin and the whole family, for complete healing and restoration

Chandra Chinnis said...

I am praying for Robin and her family.

Sausha @ {show and tell} said...

What a cute family - I will definatley be thinking about them and pray that all is well for her in her treatment

Jody said...

Praying for Robin

Southern Shop Girls said...

Praying for Robin, her immediate family and her extended family and friends. The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is available to us! I believe that and have seen evidence of it in my own little life. May God Himself hold this sweet family in His Almighty Hands and may they feel not only His power, but the power of the prayers being offered on their behalf. What an honor to interceed with other believers for Robin. Trusting God for all things for them.

Paula

Gypsy Heart said...

I consider it a great honor to pray for Robin, for her health to be restored and for her family to be strengthened. There is such power in collective prayer and I know God hears each one.

If you feel so inclined to share with Robin, I'd like to recommend Chemo Angels. It is an incredible organization that supports those going through treatment for cancer ~ all ages. I've been a volunteer since '03 and have seen many miracles. Robin's mailbox will be filled with positive support! www.chemoangels.net

xo
Pat

Mary said...

Prayers offered for Robin and her family.

Nora said...

Prayers and hugs to Robin and her family!

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" Mathew 19:26

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

My family and I have and will continue to pray for Robin and her family.

Jennifer said...

Robin and all her family will be in my prayers. Hopefully positive thoughts of encouragement from a stranger will be felt!

Carole said...

Thank you, Christa, for those specific requests to put into our prayers. Consider it done on this end. CAC

Teresa said...

Our God is a God of miracles, when He walked this earth He was known as the Great Physician who healed all He came in contact with. He is the one who made us and sustains us. I pray to you dear Lord to heal this daughter of yours and give her a long and healthy life. May God be with your family and wrap His loving arms around them.

The Robin and Sparrow said...

Just stumbled into your blog today, now I know why. I prayed all through your requests for Robin. Let healing begin in Jesus' name Amen.

Lynda said...

I am glad that I took the time to read your sweet thoughtful post today. I will unite my faith in God through prayer with your many other friends. Always remembering that His will be done.
If you would like, I could have Robin's name put on the prayer roll of the Mesa Temple. Hundreds of people every day will be praying for her there. Let me know if you would like that and you can e-mail me her last name. That's all that is needed.
Love You!

Terri said...

Robyn and her family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Shelley Davis said...

I believe! May GOD wrap you Robin in HIS loving arms and heal you and give you peace that only can come from HIM!

Amen!!!
Shelley

annemarie said...

I am praying for Robin and her family.

Jane said...

Yes I'll pray for Robin, and will spread the word!

Allison said...

I will keep Robin and her family in my prayers.

rubymum26 said...

Sent prayers up for your beloved friend.

Allison said...

I, too, know that prayer is a powerful, God-given gift. I have seen mighty miracles brought about by it's power. I absolutely will keep Robin and her sweet family in my personal prayers and in our family prayers. Thanks for sharing the beautiful story about your Mom -- what faith you must have! I hope you will allow Rod and Lynda to put her name on the Mesa Temple prayer roll -- there is such power and strength in that. I can do that, too, up here in my area, if you'd like. It would be my honor. {HUGS} to all of you during this difficult trial.

Okie Chic said...

I just said a prayer and will remember her in my nightly prayers.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

saying prayers for Robin, her family and friends - please keep us posted on how she is doing!

ingrid said...

praying for Robin and her family.Love from the Netherlands

Confessions said...

My mother sent me a link to your blog...she and her sister adored Maury and Evelyn (and if I understand right, they were your husband's grandparents??). Anyway, prayers from Memphis for your sweet friend. I sing a song to my daughter nightly...I find it beautifully written for those battling illness:

"But for you who fear My name, the Son of Righteousness will come, with healing in his wings. And you shall go forth again, and skip about like calves, coming from their stalls at last."

God Bless,
Katie

Sharon said...

I'm praying for Robin! Please keep us posted!

God Bless!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

just wondering how robin and her family are doing??? was thinking about your post and didn't remember seeing an update. hope she is doing very well!!!

Farnes and Jillian Williams said...

I hope she is doing well, the day this was posted I had my follow up for Ovarian cancer,stage 3, I was only 28 yrs old at the time and just had my 4th child 6 months earlier! I spent 7 days in the hospital after surgery! I hope and pray she will do well w/ chemo and she continues to keep a good outlook and faith!! It makes a huge difference w/ this horrible disease, my prayers go out to her and her family since it affects everyone!!

Post a Comment