Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Antique baby girl dresser

Nope, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!
There are some things going on behind the scenes.
(Like a new blog name and a new design!) 


Meanwhile, here is my latest furniture flip:
I bought this at an auction and knew right away that 
it was meant to be a baby girl's dresser. 
Within one hour of posting it, I had 3 offers.

 

The drawers were decoupaged in a brown and white damask fabric. The original hardware was spray painted white, then rubbed through. After some light distressing and antiquing, I was in love with this piece!The top had a lot of gauges, most of which needed to be filled.
The expectant Mom is designing her nursery around this piece. 


Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura in Pink Lace, semi-gloss
Antiquing medium: Minwax American Walnut
Topcoat: Varathane semi-gloss.
Fabric: decoupaged with Mod Podge and then sanded smooth once dry.


Hopefully the new and improved blog will be up soon! 

xoxo,
Linking to
Furniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk Interiors

48 comments:

cindy @ ::cottage instincts:: said...

This is simply luscious...amazing. I'm saving your how-to in my inspiration files.

So lovely.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

WOW! it is gorgeous! i love it in pink, and i don't think i ever would have thought to do that. i would love it if you would come and link up to my new furniture party going on now! beautiful, christa!

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

I love it! Especially the drawer liner. What a special touch! Thanks also for the info about how you achieved the look at the end! So helpful! I wish more people would do that.

Katie said...

Such a sweet piece!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

i just love it!

Allison said...

I love this piece. It is precious! Perfect for a little girl's room. The damask liner is such a nice touch. Beautiful job. I have found that pink really sells, too. Every time i have listed a pink piece it moves very quickly.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Any little girl would just love that dresser! Heck, I love it! Beautiful job.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Seriously gorgeous!!! I love the color you chose and the distressing! So sweet!! What a great makeover and can't wait to see your new redesign... and blog name? Exciting!!! :)

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Fantastic! Love the color too. I just started flipping, funny how many of us are out there.
Londen

Restyled Vintage said...

That is stunning! Pastel Pink is my favourite colour actually....I did a dresser in pink once adn it took ages to sell, glad your went quickly! Looking forward to your 'new' blog reveal :)
xx Karen

Irene Robertson said...

That's Awesome!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I love the pink and the decoupaged drawers...no wonder it sold so quickly.

Pine Tree Home said...

Very pretty. I really like the drawers and think I may have to try the decoupage trick.

Sjn said...

Beautiful and precious for a baby girl. So... sanding the decoupaged fabric? Just lightly with very fine paper I guess to make it so clothing won't stick? Great idea!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh, so pretty!

The Frosted Gardner said...

This pink is perfect! I love the white dangly pulls. It makes it even more feminine and sweet. You are so talented! Love your vision.

Mommy of 2 said...

Just curious about the sanding of the fabric. Do you lightly sand it and why? I am just loving this idea and want to make sure I do it correctly. Thanks for sharing!

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

What a beautiful dresser... fabulous job by you, as usual. The finish is so pretty and I love what you did with the pulls and your fabric choice. Your attention to detail is what makes your pieces so special. Thanks for the info on your products and techniques.

Bia said...

It`s so beautiful it does deserve to be the starting point of the nursery design!!

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

This is beautiful!!! I need to paint the furniture in my daughters room.

Kirsty said...

I love that! I may just have to repaint the pulls I did for my pink dresser (that hasn't sold yet.) Gorgeous!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dresser and it will be so cute in a baby girl's room. If I hadn't already completed my daughter's room I would totally be on the hunt for a dresser to paint pink! And I'm interested in your Magic Eraser technique. I just might have to give that a try!

Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's link party!

kathie said...

Love the color you chose, and am tempted to try white hardware after seeing yours!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It's so cute! I love the classic lines of the dresser with the fun color!

Kacey said...

Gorgeous! Now you've got me thinking about the pieces we have that should be pink. :) Love how you shared the details - I always forget to do that!

Elisabeth said...

Wow, love it. Such a pretty color pink. We just painted my daughter's room BM's sugarcane, and it is such a gorgeous rosy shade. If the walls weren't pink already, I'd probably paint some of the furniture pink!

Tracie said...

beautiful! I love the white hardware, and the antiquing!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful dresser! I love the color and the white pulls - very unexpected, but it totally works!

Carol said...

Great piece and it can grow with the little girl for a very long time.

Sherrie said...

What a sweet makeover! Love this!

Kristine said...

This is darling....said the mamma of two boys! ;)
Only found your blog recently but love the new look!

Chris said...

Ha! You're right--pink sells! What a beautiful transformation!

Ashley said...

Beautiful! It will look amazing in a nursery!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Gorgeous!!!

Shelia said...

Oh, how lovely this turned out! I love the sweet pink! Very good job.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

D-A-R-L-I-N-G !!

-Danielle

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

GORGEOUS! You did a fabulous job!
Best regards,
Gloria

Lisa's Creative Home said...

Visiting from Metamorphis Monday. The dresser is beautiful!!!!

Claudia said...

I love this makeover! What a delightful dresser this will be for a baby.

Sandra said...

Stunning! I love the new look! You did a great job!
Blessings,
Sandra

Entertaining Women said...

Your chest will be the star of the baby girl's nursery. Great job. Thank you for sharing your lovely work. Cherry Kay

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I'm so glad I found out that you sand after you antique it. I was so baffled as to why everyone else's pieces looked amazing after they rubbed stain on and mine looked muddy.

Dennise said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE it!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

This dresser makes me wish I had a girl. I love love love the hardware. Never would have thought to use cream but it really sets the pink off! Beautiful!

mitziscollectibles said...

I love the shade of pink you selected, and I wouldn't have thought of painting the hardware white. That was a great touch!

Ready said...

LOVE this dresser and the paint color is so sweet for a little girls room.
I have some furniture that I have been wanting to paint. I don't own a sprayer. I am wondering if you use a paint sprayer or a brush?
And which one you would recommend
TIA ~ Chery

Funky Junk Interiors said...

OH. MY. GOSH. What a unique and wonderful colour combination! I adore the antique white with this shade of rose. Gorgeous!

Donna

Pretty Unique Furniture said...

Wow I love the white handles with the pink! Cute. I am your newest fan!

Post a Comment