It's been a while since I've posted anything. The heat makes it hard to spend a lot of time in the garage, even with a swamp cooler. But, I managed to finish this cute little antique dresser, probably from the 1940's. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the decade. I listed it last night and already have someone coming today to hopefully bring it home to their daughter.
The top was stripped and stained in dark walnut.
Then I repaired and filled missing and lifting veneer.
The color is 50/50 white and Valspar Delicate Pink Rose. After distressing and antiquing she got a topcoat and should be enjoyed for years to come!
That dresser is gorgeous. The jewelry box top and the french country legs in front are lovely. You did a fantastic job with the finish. I really like the detailing on the middle of the piece, too... is that distressing of existing raised architecture or did you stencil and distress the design? Great job!
Hi! I'm Christa - just the girl next door who married one of the good guys, had three little women. My blog is where I share my passion for life, family, and DIY.
15 comments:
I LOVE the pink. I bought some and still haven't found the perfect piece for it. Yours is perfect. The jewelry box is wonderful. Deb
Hi Christa , gorgeous as always!!!
Cheers Fiona
Www.lilyfieldlife.blogspot.com
Love, love, love! Such a classic piece. Don't die of heat in the garage but I do enjoy seeing all your fabulous work!
Hi Christa! The dresser is so pretty, and I love the light pink color!
Gorgeous!! Can I put a request for your ebook? Can you teach us how to repair veneer in your ebook? Pretty Please!
What a beautiful piece! You really pull out the potential in all your pieces, it couldn't be any better!
that is so sweet! what a nice soft pink!
That dresser is gorgeous. The jewelry box top and the french country legs in front are lovely. You did a fantastic job with the finish. I really like the detailing on the middle of the piece, too... is that distressing of existing raised architecture or did you stencil and distress the design? Great job!
That's very pretty. I love the delicate shade of pink.
Beautiful dresser...love the finish and the color!
Hugs
SueAnn
What a precious little piece!! I know what you mean about it being too hot in your garage! I've slowed down too :(
Julie
That's a great dresser! I love the soft pink, and the stained top.
PERFECT!!!!
What a wonderful job!!!!
So pretty!! I'm loving that soft shade of pink. I wonder if I could sneak some pink into my room without the hubby noticing...hmmm
It's beautiful and my theory is that every girl (or woman that still feels like a girl) needs to have one piece of pink furniture in their home.
Thank for sharing at Primitive and Proper
Post a Comment