Today was a typical summer break morning. I was thinking about what we could do to have a little fun, and be a little productive. I knew we were destined for a Goodwill trip. I needed a furniture fix. The kids needed summer clothes.
Clothes shopping was successful. Some still had tags on them from Gymboree. Everything they took into the dressing room fit. That was weird.
We were so hungry after shopping for 50% off yellow tags, but I told them we were checking the furniture side real quick. Not even a whimper from my starving kids because they knew our Goodwill never has anything good, and the junk they sell is way overpriced. A soapbox of mine for another day.
I think I stared at it in disbelief for several minutes before I realized...
I just got lucky at Goodwill for the first.time.ever.
I just got lucky at Goodwill for the first.time.ever.
I sprayed those brass caps with oil-rubbed bronze metallic paint.
I used some leftover Ben Moore Ironclad black paint to paint it. It was finished in 45 minutes. The next day, I distressed it and added the topcoat.
It's perfect for this space between my 2 sofas (which were amazing deals on Craig).



















15 comments:
If my party was a contest...you would be the winner for today! This was a killer of a deal...$14.99 for a Drexel table...unreal! I'm so happy that you finally found a good deal at your GW...she looks outstanding in your home and thanks so much for showing her off at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope you are having a fun time here:)
Blessings,
Linda
Wow. This just confirms it for me~all Goodwill stores are NOT created equally. I NEVER find the good stuff.
The table looks FANTASTIC! Well done!
Very beautiful remake and lovely blog, I'll certainly check back here for more inspiration!
Ohh, you really did have luck didn't you! the AZ treasures just aren't quite as fun as back east, but we do what we can!
Kayleen a.k.a fellow Arizonian
WELL HOLY COW! THAtis one incredible find! It's PERFECT there! I'm a bit envious! My GW is expensive for furniture too and mixing bowls....crazy! I LOVE your piece and the colors you choose! Glad I saw this on the DIY show off!
Love it! I think you should keep it as is. :)
I'm feeling a bit silly about now! Many blogs today are talking about "GW".. and me, I asked "what store is that"??
"GOODWILL".... (I'm a really good customer)!
This was a great find and your painting it black was a really good choice!
Sandy
http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/
Wow, it's so beautiful & what a great deal!!
This stuff makes my heart skip a beat! $14.99 for a GORGEOUS table. No one would know! Love it!
Your Goodwill must be like mine - I never find a good deal in it for furniture. But I love your table redo! (And I like the sleek look - very polished!)
beautiful job. i always like a rubbed edge here and there but it's lovely as-is, too.
wtg!
xo
elyse
Great find! That's exactly what I've been looking for for my bedroom...grrrr color me green with envy :0)
And P.S.--I TOTALLY hear you on the GW thing--who do they think they're selling to? And what do they think they're selling????
GREAT find! Love what you did with it!!
Don't be jealous ladies, but my Goodwill is cheap and has the greatest finds EVER!! You have to come all the way to Denver, but I will gladly give you the tour!
Hi there..great table! Just wanted to say..I think the "week 24" means it was put out on the 24th week of the year..I am not positive about this but that is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Being June, that would be right on. It would make sense though because you know that table wasn't sitting there long!
Post a Comment